How do I get my avatar to dance continuously?

Pierce Fhang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pierce Fhang wrote:

It's the second one, the AO was overriding the dance animation. I'll get a new AO now. Well that problem was solved. :matte-motes-delicious:

if there is no on or off for your AO..then most times it is as simple as typing in the chat  /ao off  to turn it off or  /ao on  to turn it on

Pierce Fhang wrote:

It's the second one, the AO was overriding the dance animation. I'll get a new AO now. Well that problem was solved. :matte-motes-delicious:

Um don't. :)

That's normal.

The solution is to turn off the AO while the dance HUD is going.

Any AO is going to over ride the dancs when it switches poses, and vice versa - when the dances switch they will override your current pose.

Just turn off one when using the other.

A brief additional explanation.

And yes I know it's a little more involved than this, but the basics are that all animations have a priority assigned to them, ie, 1,2,3,4.

You have your basic animations in SL for walking, sitting, standing, etc.  They have a low priority.  A dance has a higher priority, hence, "overrides" the basic animation.  But this is why sometimes an A/O can cause a conflict when using a HUD for something else.  You hit a priority conflict.  Hence the need for turning off your A/O when engaging in other activities.

but the animator or the one uploading the animation sets the priority..there really is no certain rule that one type of animation will have priority over another..

it depends what it is set at  while the upload screen pops up to set it..

this is why some dances will not overried other dances..one is set lower than the other..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

but the animator or the one uploading the animation sets the priority..there really is no certain rule that one type of animation will have priority over another..

it depends what it is set at  while the upload screen pops up to set it..

this is why some dances will not overried other dances..one is set lower than the other..

yep

i was just trying to give a general background.  i am far from being an expert on this subject.  someone who knows more than me could probably sing a better and more thorough explanation.

Perrie Juran wrote:

And yes I know it's a little more involved than this, but the basics are that all animations have a priority assigned to them, ie, 1,2,3,4.

You have your basic animations in SL for walking, sitting, standing, etc.  They have a low priority.  A dance has a higher priority, hence, "overrides" the basic animation.  But this is why sometimes an A/O can cause a conflict when using a HUD for something else.  You hit a priority conflict.  Hence the need for turning off your A/O when engaging in other activities.

Seems like to me that the AO conflicts with my sister's huddle but not with the single dances on the dance ball.

If I understand you right, my AO must have a higher priority than her hud but a lower one than the dances on the ball. Is this right? If so, how come sometimes I will click on the ball & select a dance before she adds me to the hud, and then when everyone stops briefly while the hud reloops, I keep on dancing w/ the single dance. How can the AO override the hud, the hud overide the single dance, yet single dance override the AO?

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Seems like to me that the AO conflicts with my sister's huddle but not with the single dances on the dance ball.

If I understand you right, my AO must have a higher priority than her hud but a lower one than the dances on the ball. Is this right? If so, how come sometimes I will click on the ball & select a dance before she adds me to the hud, and then when everyone stops briefly while the hud reloops, I keep on dancing w/ the single dance. How can the AO override the hud, the hud overide the single dance, yet single dance override the AO?

Jeanne

depending on the priority of the animation..that will determine if it will override another animation..if they are the same priority they will just change to the one that is calling to be played..

the AO itself will not have a priority..only the animations in the rotation..

so in other words when you jump on a dance ball ..that is like jumping on an AO

it has animations inside it that are going to play for a certain amount of time and then switch to a new dance..

if your AO is on and has higher priority or same priority animations..they will jump in turn until a same or higher  animation from either AO or dance ball is called to play..

if the dances  are a lower priority then your animations in your AO will override the animations in the dance ball and you would just be doing whatever your  AO would be calling to play..or vice versa if the dance balls animations are higher..

thats why it's best just to shut off your AO when getting on a dance ball or someone elses hud or beds or anything with animations really..

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.