A Singer of Scripts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

She is intelligent and generous with her knowledge.  Her code is elegant.  She is a Singer of Scripts and she cannot be found here, in SLF.  Why?  After years and countless hours helping others hone their skills, a simple question asked went unanswered by the powers that be and she quietly packed her bags and went away.

She is a Missed Connection to all of those who relied on her expertise and wisdom and all of those who may never know it.

Singer of Scripts.....there is a void here.  You are missed.

deGebelin reads the cards.

deGebelin blinks.

deGebelin is cognizant of a void.

Interpretation:

for want of a script a prim was lost
for want of a prim a build was lost
for want of a build a sim was lost
for want of a sim a customer was lost
for want of customer a business was lost

Wondered what had happened to the post I read a couple of days ago on a similar subject.  I was looking for other halls to explore that perhaps were not ringing with silence.  Sad that other have to privately create and maintain venues that LL should be.  It is also somewhat encouraging to know the SL community thrives separately from the platform.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

SLF's loss is SLU's gain.

Indeed it is if that is where the Singer is sharing her trade secrets and skills.

Shame that those who use SLF as a primary source are now 'down' one amazing resident.

Actually, if you listen closely, there is now more than one voice that has left the chorus here.  Their  harmonies are missed here.  These others felt they could not sing with another and produce the great melodies they did with out her.

Singing reminds me of some old computer singing thing...the voices on the old mac. Did I make it sing code? no, but I did put in many bad words and laughed at it! Why? Who knows. That dude sounded funny, very repetative in his melody though.

These days you can get all sorts of singing text talking thingies, as well as virtual singers! I tried one of the recent ones..yes, I made it say bad words again! Why? Who knows. It is funny at the time, but not so funny now. :| weird.

Wow, I started a whole story about robots holding each other to make giant floatillas and save people from hoards of locust destroying thier crops....weird. Alright, I deleted that...but the whole thing of nature vs. machine was repeating over and over....as if the machines are simply extensions of humans and how many feel threatened by nature...yet WE are part of nature, made from it's same parts and goop.

Now I must go and find singing robo vocalists on video websites! I can imagine the alternative lyrics potential!

Venus Petrov wrote:

She is intelligent and generous with her knowledge.  Her code is elegant.  She is a Singer of Scripts and she cannot be found here, in SLF.  Why?  After years and countless hours helping others hone their skills,
a simple question asked went unanswered by the powers that be
and she quietly packed her bags and went away.

What was the simple question?

Hi Phil...as with things in RL between a couple arguing, especially in public v. private, and after all the drama, theatrics, hullabaloo calm down, you're left with wondering WTH you all were arguing about to begin with.  This, I find the case here...that, or just old age setting in and my memory is failing :(  I can't remember the specifics at all other than I believe it was two pronged.  She was moderated (can't remember the topic) and questioned the decision of that act (but can't remember the question.)

I do believe she has a blog where the whole story is posted...sorry, don't have a link.

Thank you, Kylie.

I keep reading mentions of it but I never knew what "it" was, and I was curious. I actually asked in another thread in this new sub-forum, but the thread was removed before I got an answer.

From what you wrote, I found her blog, and the "open letter" post here, and read all about it. I still don't what the actual question was though lol, but maybe there wasn't one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.