Hiring Wedding Planners and a Vendor Manager

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Le Coeur de Shannon offers 2 and a half years of wedding experience in SL. We run our company as a RL business. Professional and honest. We are looking for Wedding Planners and a Vendor Manager  that reflects our business. We must  be able to trust these employees to represent the class and elegance we've worked hard to build.

We have recently brought back wedding packages and require  Wedding planners to assist.

Wedding Planner Requirements:

•  Wedding Planner. must be fluent in english speaking and typing
  • .Must be in SL 90 days or longer. Past wedding experience is prefered but not required. 
  • Must be in SL daily and reachable. Must have a reliable computer.
  • Must be able to also serve as CSR in the store, helping customers and direct them to the wedding supplies as well as wedding packages.
  • Must familiarize themselves with the store and products to be able to answer questions.
  • Must be a self starter and not rely on others to ask questions all day long.
  • Must have a tough skin for brides that  "want the moon". Patience is a must :)
  • Must take their SL job as seriously as a they would RL job.
  • Be willing to be trained OUR way even if you have had experience in the past doing weddings. Our weddings are unique to us and conducted with the utmost customer service.
  • Must work well with others.

Planners are paid on commission of weddings. The potential to make money depends on your ability to book packages.

Vendor Manager Requirements:

• Wedding Planner. must be fluent in english typing.
  • Must be in SL 90 days or longer.
  • Must be in SL daily and reachable. Must have a reliable computer.
  • Advertising experience a plus, but not required.
  • Must be a people person, polite and PG at ALL TIMES. We can not afford to lose a vendor because an "off" day.
  • A self starter that has the ability to speak to people they don't know and have charm.
  • Highly organized.
  • Can plan events for the vendors and help promote them and us.
  • Must work well with others.
  • Must take their SL job as seriously as a they would  RL job.
  • Experience using Facebook, twitter, email, and the SL forums a BIG PLUS.

Vendor Manager will make a weekly salary plus bonuses on new vendors.  

VERY IMPORTANT - Following these directions is KEY to obtaining these few positions.

1. Visit the Le Coeur de Shannon for an Application.
  2. Fill out the application entirely and return it to LeCoeurdeShannon Resident.
  3. You are free to check up on your application status, however by turning in an application does not in ANY WAY guarentee you a position. You will be contacted for an interview first with management then with the owner to make sure that you are a good fit.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/XXXXX%20and%20OOOOO/64/63/23

I don't mean to judge so harshly, but, if you're asking your wedding planner to also take on the role of CSR in your day to day business, you may want to reconsider their pay. Commission for someone who *will* do daily work, but won't likely have daily (sometimes not even weekly) actual weddings is not really fair. You're asking someone to work for you *without pay* most of the time, with the, less frequent, payment here and there.

You're not going to get the kind of person you're looking for on a salary like that. That actually screams to me "we don't really have the money to pay you, right now, but we want you to work your butt off and create more business for us, and do a lot of work, just so we can pay you", that's not even slightly professional and doesn't speak highly for a business that's been around for two years.

I'm sorry if that's harsh, I'm not real sure how else to say it without being harsh, but the industry you're in is pretty fierce. Personally, if I were to have a wedding(though I already have, lol), I wouldn't go for a venue that expects staff to work daily, but won't pay them. That's not kosher in my book.  You want your workers to take their job seriously, but you're not actually taking them seriously. Might want to rethink that approach.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.