Constant Crashing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My husband is a computer guru.  It's part of his job.  I have the latest driver and all that, but I too have started with this constant crashing since the last SL v3 update.  It usually happens to me in high traffic or highly detailed builds and happens every 10 minutes or so.  My machine is very well ventilated and clean.  :smileyindifferent:  I'm pretty sure it's some kind of bug in this latest version.  I have other problems with Firestorm (the phoenix that works with mesh) of listing to the left when I move my avatar and my camera getting stuck at odd angles.  Only problem I have in regular SL v3 is the crashing after ten minutes or so.  

• 4 weeks later...

I am having same issues, I have *had* cooling issues in the past -  a cooling issue will crash your computer, the problem that we are experiencing is NOT crashing our computers - it s Second Life that is crashing, ie logging out or closing down. That is NOT a cooling issue, and I don't think he was unpleasant in his replies.  Having the same issue, I can IDENTIFY with his frustration.  Neither the OP, nor Alicia were being snotty - They were makiing it clear that they understood the hardware side of things, and it was not an issue w/ puter shutting down ( see CPU cooling/ Video Card cooling issue), but an SL issue. Kind of reminds me when old dodge station wagon had Black, Acrid smoke coming out of the Air Condition vent and they tried to tell my mother it was probably steam from condensation.  We aren't idiots, his first response was respectful.  We aren't idiots! We are frustrated that our problem was not taken seriously when it was fairly apparent that the OP was relating a totally different issue than was being responded to?

it have something to with the recent changes to the code in the viewer pipeline. changes that have to do with taking out all references to deprecated openGL functions not available now in some the newer gfx card drivers. modding the pipleline code to work in other ways to achieve same things. is quite a big job seems like

i came to the forum looking for info on crashing with LL newest update. Glad I found this link, although, after reading through a lot of typical forum 'love,' I've concluded there's no answer to the problem. I get better performance when "out and about" with LL Viewer recently (last month), tho use Phoneix to build because I can build high in the sky and not be too affected by performance. I still prefer Phoenix. Firestorm is a mess on my system. Crashes and has horrible performance. Everything remains grey. I've tried half a dozen tweaks to no avail on all viewers.

I have not upgraded to Phoenix's mesh viewer because I'm afraid I won't be able to log in anywhere at this rate. It's sad, because until a month or so ago, I never had so many crashes.

Llarik Quinnell wrote:

Neither the OP, nor Alicia were being snotty

Actually, Alicia was (she was the only one who the word "snotty" was applied to).

In her second post, she stated, "Phil has allways been abit of an ... , it`s that old forum clique they had going back "then", just a few new members by the looks of it..." After telling to OP not to worry in 3 or 4 words, those were her first, and almost only, words in that post. There was no attempt to address the thread's topic. She only wrote the post to "have a go" at me.

In her next post, she wrote, "Maybe i wasn`t fair to say that about phil without saying the same about dresden, seen him butt into thing to argue without having relation to the topic besides the mere fact to have an argument." What she first said about me, she added to Dresden.

Perhaps "snotty" wasn't the perfect word, but it's a good one :)

From what she wrote, it sounds like she'd been on the wrong end of a forum thread some years ago, in which the forum users in general (the imaginary "clique") disagreed with her, and she still holds a grudge about it. Her name rings a very faint bell, but I don't remember why.

• 7 months later...

I have been having the same problem as well. I had one of my friends who works on computers check the temps and the taxing on the system and they are both fine. The computer is brand new with 1TB hd. I have tried using Phoenix 1691, the new Singularity and Imprudence...all with the same problem. I have cleaned the computer out with compressed air, there's plenty of airflow, temps are within normal limits and there aren't any extra programs running. I completely gave up on Viewer 2 between the horrid layout and the fact that it left me dressed on my screen and naked to everyone else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.