Items listed as delivered, however I havent received any of them in game.

Vranica

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yeah..so I bought a LOT of items from the marketplace, and theyre all listed as "delivered"...but I havent received ANY of them in game. None. 0. Zilch. Nada. Im a bit frustrated as I spent about 100L. A lot of the items were free....but the 100L I paid for, so, yeah. To NOT receive items that I PAID for...is incredibly frustrating.

I am now reading that I probably shouldnt have bought so many items. I filled my shopping cart, and then bought the items. Then filled my shopping cart again, and bought those. I am VERY new to this game.....so I didnt know. But that isnt my fault. 

2 answers to this question

Hello Vranica and welcome to SL Forums. At first, avoid to overload your shopping cart because it is one of the top causes for delivery failures. Now you have 2 options. Analytically:

1. Contant the merchant: open your Dashboard (log in http://secondlife.com/ ) --> Shopping --> Marketplace --> My Marketplace --> My account --> Order History --> If you see that your last purchases delivered means that the merchant got payed --> Take a copy of your last purchases (there you see the name of the merchant)--> Open your inventory --> create a New Notecard --> Paste there --> send the notecard to the merchant(s) describing what was happened and asking politely for redelivery.
  2. Contact support: If you don't get a reply by the merchant you can Submit a ticket https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ --> Marketplace category --> Failed Marketplace Delivery. Explain what was happened, includes the order number and the name(s) of the item(s) that failed to be delivered and wait for a reply.

By the way last weeks there is a bug with offlines which affects many residents (not all). They get nothing when they are offline. Maybe this problem affects you also. Here is a jira: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7540? You can vote there, add your comment and follow the suggestion of Maestro Linden:

"After more investigation, I have a guess about why this issue only affects certain avatars. One of my avatars had this issue, and had an empty Block List. As soon as I had the avatar block an object inworld (right click -> Block), I immediately received the queued offline IMs. This fix persisted between different sessions, even after I removed the object from my Block List (making it empty once again).

For those of you affected by this bug, could you try blocking/muting an object or avatar, and see if that fixes your problem? To block an object (or avatar), you can right click on them, then select Manage->Block from the context menu."

Good luck.

No, it's not your fault. Now you know, so in the future, try NOT to fill up the shopping cart and buy that way! (You can fill the shopping cart, but if you do, it's a better idea to go inworld to buy the items you like.) The other tip is to be inworld when purchasing from the marketplace. We each have an inbox that can hold up to 25 items - item deliveries, notifications, etc. When you're offline, those things just pile up. Once you've hit 25, you don't get any more - they disappear into the ether, including any items!

First, there's a current JIRA that may be affecting you. Many people with empty block/mute lists are not receiving offline notifications at all. The workaround is to mute someone. Find some random person you'll probably never meet, or someone you don't care for, and mute them. The missing items should be delivered immediately.

Second, you have two options. One is to message each item creator individually and request redelivery. Because many of the items you bought were free, I suggest you only contact the creators of the items you paid for. The freebies you can just rebuy, since they don't cost anything. Go to your dashboard - my account - transaction history. Copy and paste the information for the relevant purchases into notecards to each designer, explain what happened, and ask for a redelivery. (Some designers prefer IM's, so check their policies.) The second option is to submit a support ticket to LL and do the same thing - explain and ask for redelivery.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.