Freebies not really free?

Rissachu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was in a shop where it said things were free (I'm new).. and when I click on the item it says "do you want to but blah blah from for 0L" or something like that.. I click yes. And then I do it a few more times other objects and then I look up at all of my L cash is gone! It was cash put on there by an instructor for my college to snap photos for an online class that takes place in Second Life. How is it possible that something that says it's free has taken my money?

You have to keep an eye out in freebie spots. Often, not everything is free - some things may cost $1L, $5L, $15L, etc. It rarely gets significantly higher than that, but it goes fast. It's easy to get carried away expecting everything to be free, and not notice that what you're buying costs a few $L.

You say in your post that the words:  ""do you want to but blah blah from for 0L"  This price orignates from the setting of the item for sale.  If it says 0L then this is the amount that has been set for a price. Hav\ing said that, taking any other amount from you is really not possible.

I would be interested in seeing these free items in world if you would be so kind as to IM me in world with the store?  I am a creator in world with store and setting items for sale is a pretty simple process. 

edited to add:

There is also a bug that will set your in world money balance to $0.  Perhaps this has happened.  Take a peek at your transaction history on website and see if your money is actually still there.  If it is, you can remedy this problem by having someone pay you one linden dollar. 

Hello Rissachu and welcome to SL Forums. No possible to buy something for 0L$ and to be charged. Obviously after the first free item you purchased accindentally some more no free. You can go back to the store to check out if all the stuff your got was free or no. If you are sure that everything there marked as free while they are not, you can fill an Abuse Report (under Menu Help).

what probably happend was they used someone elses display for the image that said free or 0 $L and the actual buy was something else..always check the price after you click  the buy option..

only use the sign as refrence..if after clicking the buy option the price is not what you wanted to pay just close it..

Could the seller have changed the wording so that the debit window said "do you agree to pay 0" and the person clicks yes but they really agreed to a debit?

But like Ceka says, if the pop up says pay 0 and the amount in the pop up window is 0, it should deduct nothing from your Linden money. But you should be clicking buy or pay, never yes.

I've also come across so-called freebie places that have some freebies but most stuff at L$5 or L$10.  I know that's a tiny amount of money and I'm not that miserly, I don't mind paying for things.  But if I go to a place that advertises as a freebie centre, I expect to find the stuff on offer free.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.