Website loading error

Dominion Carter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok, i'm going to try and explain this correctly. I always used SL viewer 1.23.5 and never had this problem before. I just installed SL Viewer 3.2.5 and for some godly reason it gives me a error when it tries to upload the website from any menu option or url loader within SL. I can load the url perfectly fine in my browser, but try it in SL, no go. Is linden labs messing up again or is there a trick i don't know about in this new veiwer ? Due to the fact of using url loader protocols in my builds, this is becoming more a bother to me. Any help would be greatful to ge this resolved.

5 answers to this question

Also, there are some server certificate issues. These have to do with how Intrenet security works.

try visiting the SL sites with your regular browser. That will download the certificates. Then your in viewer browser should work. 

Using 1.23 you are not using some of the new sites.

Visit the Market Place and login. Then visit My.SecondLife.com and login. That should correct the certificate problem.

Also, if you are attached to the 1.23 user interface chack out Cool VL Viewer. It has retained the user interface and updated the code. It is sort of a Viewer 3 with a Viewer 1 interface.

It seem's this is another bug they are fixing as well. I checked all setting's and everything is set the way it should and still does it now and again. Guess they are working on it ? As of now website's are loading from within SL at this time. We shall see how long this last's, lol. Thanks for your response.

I had a message saying there were protocol problems. In my case as a new user I had just 'installed' sedcondlife. A bit confused but I had downloaed the two items secondlife and secondlife viewer and assumed they were installed as most times a downloaded item automatically installs. I could not find secondlife in my programs and so accessed the site with my firefox browser. OK so far. Opened and account and after having trouble finding it, clicked on the link in the top lh corner to enter secondlife. Up came the message from firefox with a protocol problem. I gave up. However the next day I went to my control panel to delete second life program and it wasn't there.! I found the setup.exes in my download folder and ran both. Now a shortcut to secondlife viwer appeared on my desktop. So if you have this error just check the programs are installed. The fact you can open account does not mean that they are.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.