Clothing top layer and bottom layer - feathering?

Aurelia Chauveau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Guys!

I've been creating a bit of clothing over the last few months, however today when I uploaded the top which is supposed to match the bottom part (system parts) I get a weird feathering around the connection point that looks like the alpha layer is doing weird things, as in I can see my skin underneath the clothes?? but I've triple checked it - is this normal? I haven't had this issue before - it was nice and clean :(

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, I didn't know how to search for this particular problem - it kept coming up with no results...

Thanks in advance :D

Aurelia Chauveau :D

The avatar mesh UV is an imperfect guide.  You're right about the alpha layer falling off before the seam.  The thing to do is colour outside the lines.  Continue your texture pattern just slightly beyond the UV map to give it a little extra data to pull from to complete things.  The UV map you're using is likely to include 'blend' regions as coloured bands just outside the main shape.  Those are the areas to fill in.  (^_^)y

And, once you work with them, you'll notice there are a few spots where two blend regions overlap.  Those are big bad trouble spots. (>_<)

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.