Cheaters in social games...do you agree they cheat at other stuff to? Vise-Versa? Limits?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

An article at this site http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39588/Half_of_social_game_cheaters_cheat_in_real_life_too_says_study.php  is interesting. Over half of the people who admitted to cheating in social games cheat on tests in real life!

I feel this is high, and what tests where they talking about? Demographics can lead this to be skewed, plus the "OHH, gee..yeah, sure...all the time!!! WATCH OUT!!" sort of sarcastic stuff comes out when people try to claim games make a significant impact on human life (other than time wasting!) and want to start the alarm bells. Sort of an answer to make the whole thing look silly.

Then again, what tests do they mean? This is high school kids? College? Maybe people when they where younger. I mean, there just isn't that many 'tests' you take when you are an adult lol. Drivers license!? Blood test lol. Urine based drug tests?!@!! Yikes! 51% of the people out there are incompetant, so much so that lifes mundane tests get cheated on!!!? I mean, they must refer to school and the past. But, I don't remember cheating on tests, didn't cheat in SL (as far as I can remember....but this is a grey area for some things....I mean, was camping cheating (if you where the camper? Surely many have said the person owning the land is cheating, others say no, it was allowed...thus it was not cheating!) so....it is sort of vague. But, yeah....there is other cheating other than tests. This is surely extending to lies, becuase....how many things can you really "cheat" at?

Wierd stuff. Now, if you avatar is posting on some website about camping...BOOM, you are a cheater and thus totally NOT allowed to be hired there! lol. Use a gift to lure traffic in? Well, they are not really there for you products...BOOM, you marketing job interview is now a bust lol. Maybe having SL stay small and not be a mass market/maiin stream thing was a good thing for me! I modified a script that gives out a prize and so on, camped when it was legal and really not much else dispicable...off the top of my head. So, my boss will maybe not hire me because he thinks I will loiter around the store dancing or mopping in one repetative movement over and over!!! Oh no, what have I done!!! :matte-motes-dont-cry:

I think "Alan Winthop" got it right in the first comment

"Doesn't this just show correlation between those who admit to cheating in social games and those who admit to cheating in real life?"

Perhaps some adults in an online gaming forum answered one of those " university student surveys" and this is what comes of it, I think. Run away from them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.