Can I write the language of your country? Facebook provides such options.

Imikeruru

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Welcome.
My name is Marcin Majewski, and I come from Polish. I really like this game, but always from the full gamescares me is that it is not my native language. Therefore, I wanted to help my friends from the country to make friends with the game - write the Polish language versions. Is it possible?

4 answers to this question

No. SL is less of a game and more of a community. You're talking to real people, and you can't just make those people speak your language. We each speak whatever language or languages we know. There are plenty of people from Poland in SL; you just have to find them.

LL, the company that makes SL, is based in the United States, so support is in English, and so are most of the forums. (There is an international section of the forums, for those who speak other languages.) There is really nothing users can do about that.

ETA: You can try to find a decent translator program to use, though, if you want to. SL used to provide translations via Google translator, but it's not free anymore, so they stopped. Or so I heard.

We speak many languages in SL, including Polish.  If you meet other people who speak your language, you will naturally use it.  If you meet people who do not speak Polish, you will need to find creative ways to understand each other.  Second Life is like RL in that way.  I think that most of us find typed chat more useful than spoken voice during those conversations, because we can take time to think of simple words, or use an on-line dictionary for extra help.  As Ariel has said, translators are not as useful now as they were even a few months ago.

If you are interested in talking in Polish with other people who have been in SL for a long time and have experience with these matters, try contacting someone on this list >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Polish_speaking_Volunteers . I cannot guarantee that all of them are still in SL today, but the list is a good place to start. 

• Like 1

You can use your viewer in Polish (partially). Change your language in Preferences (Ctrl + P) > General.

At this moment, the Tnaslators volunteers are working in a new and reviewed Polish translation of the viewer. Contact with Eli Linden for more information about translations, or with Lexie Linden or Noelle Linden  about the Second Life Community Translators Group. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.