Adjust Shape Height Limits to users demands

Medhue Simoni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Some1 could drop the default avatar into blender, add more vertices to all the areas that people complain about. Adjusting a few of them to be better shaped, then smooth out the bone weights a bit, and upload it back into SL with all the sliders working right,

That is exactly what I want to do.

I want to make new avatars in Blender but I have a lot to learn first.

Jo: Alady Island used to do that, offer shapes in cup sizes and heights. I don't know how they judged what was what, though. A good estimate, I'd guess.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penny Patton wrote:

I'm just pointing out why adding it might be more complicated than you think based on what I know about the appearance editor and how the sliders affect things.

The problem is you are thinking in human configuration. What should it matter to someone making mesh that is designed to completely hide the relational proportions you're talking about? When only the skeletal bone length matters? The answer is it shouldn't matter one bit... and since Qarls addon work doesn't seem likely to make it into any official LL viewer any time forseeable... the point of even bringing up height-related proportion is lost.

Dana Hickman wrote:

The problem is you are thinking in human configuration. What should it matter to someone making mesh that is designed to
completely hide
the relational proportions you're talking about? When only the skeletal bone length matters? The answer is it shouldn't matter one bit... 

You're making two assumptions here that are most certainly incorrect.

First, you are assuming that no one will want to use increased height range for anything but mesh import avatars. That no one will want to use these to for an avatar using the avatar mesh.

Second, you are assuming that none of these imported mesh avatars will bare any resemblance to the human form.

Dana Hickman wrote:

and since Qarls addon work doesn't seem likely to make it into any official LL viewer any time forseeable... the point of even bringing up height-related proportion is lost.

Umm...maybe it's just me, but I'm having a very difficult time seeing any correlation whatsoever here. 

At any rate, there is a much older Jira along the same lines except instead of limiting itself to the height slider, it is requesting an increase to all of the slider limits as well as correcting some of the inconsistencies (like the height disparity between male and female avatars, and the proportion skewing that also seems to be split along gender lines) found in the appearance editor.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-26666

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.