Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ags Falconer

Art of the Derail

Recommended Posts


Lindal Kidd wrote:

I think we should get together at The Forum Cartel Hangout in world and discuss this.  In fact, a lot of people are wondering why people don't hang out at the Hangout any more.  I think it's because Amaranthim and Feline and Elora don't have time to organize events there like they used to.

What do you all think?

Lindal, excellent suggestion as this art can be the most delicate and complex of subjects.  Definitely worth a longer discussion.  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

You could always carry your own personal drama over from elsewhere, referring to those that you're tilting at by name or not, no matter whether they've made an appearance in the thread or not. Or just call them "griefer" or "troll" or hint that they are alts.

Ah, yes!!  The dreaded multi-thread derail.

I hear that a truly successful multi-thread derail has only rarely been accomplished. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Charolotte Caxton wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Ceka Cianci wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the
specifically prohibits this.

thats only for the ones that get caught
:P

hehehehe

Look it.  If you are going to come in here quoting the TOS at least make sure you are quoting the right part!  And learn to read what is written.  It DOES NOT say what you said it says.  Taking words out of context suxxors!


Nice try, Pierre but twisting my words like so much licorice is not going to prove your point any beterer, please familiarize yourself with the correct section of the TOS

So now you take to insulting both me and our French brother's and sisters!

My name is PERRIE not Pierre!

I may make love like a French man but I am not French.

Just typical Fail when someone has lost an argument to throw personal insults.  Just wait until I let all the French ESLers  about your attitude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Ceka Cianci wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the
specifically prohibits this.

thats only for the ones that get caught
:P

hehehehe

Look it.  If you are going to come in here quoting the TOS at least make sure you are quoting the right part!  And learn to read what is written.  It DOES NOT say what you said it says.  Taking words out of context suxxors!


Nice try, Pierre but twisting my words like so much licorice is not going to prove your point any beterer, please familiarize yourself with the correct section of the TOS

So now you take to insulting both me and our French brother's and sisters!

My name is PERRIE not Pierre!

I may make love like a French man but I am not French.

Just typical Fail when someone has lost an argument to throw personal insults.  Just wait until I let all the French ESLers  about your attitude.

You are the one that started the attacks when you chose to spell your name incorrectly to begin with therefore knowing that my very own spell check would work against me to further propagate your agenda! Use the standard spelling of names like the rest of us! 

Signed,

Charolotte Caxton

besides, there's no such thing as an extra second lifer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that's easy... you just have to write out all of your thoughts on the topic at hand, then go back and see if you can rewrite anything in order to explain your point of view with even more words, adding adjectives as you go.  It doesn't even really have to make sense... remember, precision is not the same as detail.

Oh wait... you wrote derail... never mind.

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Charolotte Caxton wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Ceka Cianci wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the
specifically prohibits this.

thats only for the ones that get caught
:P

hehehehe

Look it.  If you are going to come in here quoting the TOS at least make sure you are quoting the right part!  And learn to read what is written.  It DOES NOT say what you said it says.  Taking words out of context suxxors!


Nice try, Pierre but twisting my words like so much licorice is not going to prove your point any beterer, please familiarize yourself with the correct section of the TOS

So now you take to insulting both me and our French brother's and sisters!

My name is PERRIE not Pierre!

I may make love like a French man but I am not French.

Just typical Fail when someone has lost an argument to throw personal insults.  Just wait until I let all the French ESLers  about your attitude.

You are the one that started the attacks when you chose to spell your name incorrectly to begin with therefore knowing that my very own spell check would work against me to further propagate your agenda! Use the standard spelling of names like the rest of us! 

Signed,

Charolotte Caxton

besides, there's no such thing as an extra second lifer!

So now you want to bring my PARENTS into this!  Just how low will you go?  How dare you accuse them of poor spelling skills when they named me?  The nerve!

My parents were not some ignorant illiterate low lifes.  I'll have you know that my Father spoke, read and wrote seven languages fluently and taught at the University.  My Mother spoke, read & wrote three languages.

It was not their fault the Doctor dropped me on my head when I was born.

Looking at  how low you would stoop here I would say that your parents should have never been allowed to breed if you are the kind of crotch fruit they produced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in"


You know- I went to the Hangout the other day- it was so empty! Folkd did come in as I yacked it up so that was great- but yeah- would be nice- we need an event of some sort..

Nice to see you Lindy-

/me waves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Or just call them "griefer" or "troll" or hint that they are alts.

This was my suggestion but you got to it first. However, I would like to raise you one by suggesting the obvious... Ags and Janelle are each other's alts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Ceka Cianci wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the
specifically prohibits this.

thats only for the ones that get caught
:P

hehehehe

Look it.  If you are going to come in here quoting the TOS at least make sure you are quoting the right part!  And learn to read what is written.  It DOES NOT say what you said it says.  Taking words out of context suxxors!


Nice try, Pierre but twisting my words like so much licorice is not going to prove your point any beterer, please familiarize yourself with the correct section of the TOS

So now you take to insulting both me and our French brother's and sisters!

My name is PERRIE not Pierre!

I may make love like a French man but I am not French.

Just typical Fail when someone has lost an argument to throw personal insults.  Just wait until I let all the French ESLers  about your attitude.

You are the one that started the attacks when you chose to spell your name incorrectly to begin with therefore knowing that my very own spell check would work against me to further propagate your agenda! Use the standard spelling of names like the rest of us! 

Signed,

Charolotte Caxton

besides, there's no such thing as an extra second lifer!

So now you want to bring my PARENTS into this!  Just how low will you go?  How dare you accuse them of poor spelling skills when they named me?  The nerve!

My parents were not some ignorant illiterate low lifes.  I'll have you know that my Father spoke, read and wrote seven languages fluently and taught at the University.  My Mother spoke, read & wrote three languages.

It was not their fault the Doctor dropped me on my head when I was born.

Looking at  how low you would stoop here I would say that your parents should have never been allowed to breed if you are the kind of crotch fruit they produced.

You obviously have no grasp as to what is going on here or anywhere else or else you would have known that breeding does not produce fruit and avatars are not born of a womb, as demonstrated by this excellent video tutorial: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Charolotte Caxton wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Ceka Cianci wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the
specifically prohibits this.

thats only for the ones that get caught
:P

hehehehe

Look it.  If you are going to come in here quoting the TOS at least make sure you are quoting the right part!  And learn to read what is written.  It DOES NOT say what you said it says.  Taking words out of context suxxors!


Nice try, Pierre but twisting my words like so much licorice is not going to prove your point any beterer, please familiarize yourself with the correct section of the TOS

So now you take to insulting both me and our French brother's and sisters!

My name is PERRIE not Pierre!

I may make love like a French man but I am not French.

Just typical Fail when someone has lost an argument to throw personal insults.  Just wait until I let all the French ESLers  about your attitude.

You are the one that started the attacks when you chose to spell your name incorrectly to begin with therefore knowing that my very own spell check would work against me to further propagate your agenda! Use the standard spelling of names like the rest of us! 

Signed,

Charolotte Caxton

besides, there's no such thing as an extra second lifer!

So now you want to bring my PARENTS into this!  Just how low will you go?  How dare you accuse them of poor spelling skills when they named me?  The nerve!

My parents were not some ignorant illiterate low lifes.  I'll have you know that my Father spoke, read and wrote seven languages fluently and taught at the University.  My Mother spoke, read & wrote three languages.

It was not their fault the Doctor dropped me on my head when I was born.

Looking at  how low you would stoop here I would say that your parents should have never been allowed to breed if you are the kind of crotch fruit they produced.

You obviously have no grasp as to what is going on here or anywhere else or else you would have known that breeding does not produce fruit and avatars are not born of a womb, as demonstrated by this excellent video tutorial: 

ok i think it's time for some street magic for you two..

*turns and stares at the forum lurkers* o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Cheeze us, thanks a lot, now I can't ever drink
again
>:(

i'm so good i derail lives o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


ROB34466IIIa wrote:


Kenbro Utu wrote:

I prefer the grammar/spelling nazi derail.  

 

Priding yourself to be master of the English language at anyone's expense is as stupid as a wartime nazi proudly exclaiming 'Heil Hitler' .

( Sorry .. could not pass on this golden Godwin .. well, i could , but I didn't , so I did ... )

Aha, someone did pick up on the 1st-reply Godwin after all!  :^)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Tiffy Vella wrote:

 

 

I like a good LOLcat derail.

How do you find such appropriate LOLcats?  Every time I go to that site, I start browsing the pictures and get, um...derailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Ceka Cianci wrote:


Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the
specifically prohibits this.

thats only for the ones that get caught
:P

hehehehe

Look it.  If you are going to come in here quoting the TOS at least make sure you are quoting the right part!  And learn to read what is written.  It DOES NOT say what you said it says.  Taking words out of context suxxors!


Nice try, Pierre but twisting my words like so much licorice is not going to prove your point any beterer, please familiarize yourself with the correct section of the TOS

So now you take to insulting both me and our French brother's and sisters!

My name is PERRIE not Pierre!

I may make love like a French man but I am not French.

Just typical Fail when someone has lost an argument to throw personal insults.  Just wait until I let all the French ESLers  about your attitude.

You are the one that started the attacks when you chose to spell your name incorrectly to begin with therefore knowing that my very own spell check would work against me to further propagate your agenda! Use the standard spelling of names like the rest of us! 

Signed,

Charolotte Caxton

besides, there's no such thing as an extra second lifer!

So now you want to bring my PARENTS into this!  Just how low will you go?  How dare you accuse them of poor spelling skills when they named me?  The nerve!

My parents were not some ignorant illiterate low lifes.  I'll have you know that my Father spoke, read and wrote seven languages fluently and taught at the University.  My Mother spoke, read & wrote three languages.

It was not their fault the Doctor dropped me on my head when I was born.

Looking at  how low you would stoop here I would say that your parents should have never been allowed to breed if you are the kind of crotch fruit they produced.

I would guess that none of the three languages your mom spoke were any of the seven that your dad spoke.  That would explain a lot about you. :smileyvery-happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

actually, derailing is against the Community Participation Guidelines

---------------------------------------

Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

---------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I googled monorail lolcat, and went right to it. However, it took me the next 6 hours to laugh through 248 pages of cats, just in case I'd missed a better one next page.

It was a self-derailment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...