Standing several inches above the land

Serendipity Silverfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I noticed today when I logged in that I'm standing above the ground.  I thought there was a way to fix this, but I've logged off, rebooted my modem and logged back in and I'm still standing above the ground.  I'm not hovering, My AO has me cycling through all my stands.

In addition to the above, I have removed my shoes and my AO and have had no change.

Any help you can provide would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

Serendipity

There is something weird about height. I've not seen this actually happen to me lately, but 1 thing I did notice was that when much of this started happening to me, I saw it affect the appearance editor too. So, like when you edit your shape, your avatar will move up or down as you are editing yourself. I've not had any problems with height in a long time. Being some1 that makes animation daily, I always have to be aware of my avatar's height. Other than logging off and back on, there is not much more that I know of, but here are some things you can try.

First, move around. Sometimes, I notice my avatar is too high, then I move and everything is fine again.

2nd is, considering that the Appearance editor makes your height get all weird when editing, I would say to try a small edit as a fix, or even just going into the shape editor and then closing it again.

3rd is, you might want to look at your shoes, or SL shoes, as these can lift you off the ground.

I hope this helps in some way.

Serendipity Silverfall wrote:

I noticed today when I logged in that I'm standing above the ground.  I thought there was a way to fix this, but I've logged off, rebooted my modem and logged back in and I'm still standing above the ground.  I'm not hovering, My AO has me cycling through all my stands.

In addition to the above, I have removed my shoes and my AO and have had no change.

Any help you can provide would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

Serendipity

There's an adjustment. It's set at 0.00 but you can change it. On Firestorm the adjustment is under the Phoenix icon on the bottom bar. Try setting it a little below zero, like -0.10, for starters & see if this helps. Different surfaces seem to effect this. For instance, I may be dancing on water & my feet sink in a bit. For this, I set the adjustment at like +0.10 or 0.15. In your case, sounds like you need to lower the adjustment.

Fantastic..thankyou...I've been having the same issues, I think. It all began after trying some mesh avvies, and despite undeforming afterwards, I started floating. Possibly not related to the mesh, but likely was, as it seemed to have something to do with my hip position being changed in relation to the ground.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

TurtleBeing wrote:

I am having problems with my feet sinking when I dance with a partner....it seems to be new as I'd not noticed it before...I would like it try the adjustment you talk about here but can't find it in Phoenix...

Can anyone help...??

thanks in advance..

I've never used Phoenix & so am not familiar with it. Firestorm is made by the Phoenix people tho, & there is a Phoenix icon in the bottom tool bar. The height adjustment is under that icon. On Phoenix itself, tho, I don't know where it is or even if there is one.

Jeanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.