Anybody know which ticket URL I use to report things items disspering items from my inventory.

Yardie London

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the last 3 months I have been trying to raise tickets for a growing number of items that go missing from my inventory.  Items like dance animations have gone missing a few days after I thought I had placed them sensible in a HUD. I admit though lack of understanding I bought a lot of transfer only animations because they were cheaper. After getting feed up with being bounced from on ticket line to the next I decided to replace most of my missing animation with copy version. Next day today the hud that has all my animation is not visible any more. So another wasted week end logging on and off resting scripts and getting no way. Sure only 2 days ago I saw a question some else posted about  a hud not being visible on some ones screen. I thought I would go and find the info and result. But all the helpful information seem to be scatters about like nobody cares if things go wrong because my lose is someone beef steak.

4 answers to this question

If things ever seem to be missing from inventory, run through a quick checklist of possibilities before you panic:

1. Did I drop it into the wrong folder by mistake?

2. Did I remember its name correctly?

3. Did I really put it in inventory or did I rez it somewhere and forget to take it back?

4. Did I pick up the item as part of another linked object or a coalesced object?

5. Was it returned to me and therefore stuck in Lost & Found?

There are a few other questions like that to ask.  Pretty obvious stuff, but we all lose things temporarily for one or more of those reasons.  Use your serach skills and your filters to check each one of them.

Then, if things really are lost, you can start to panic a little. Remember, however, that the inventory on your own computer is just a locally cached copy of the real thing.  Your inventory is really on LL's servers.  The cached copy can get screwed up easily, so delete it and create a new one.  You can Clear Cache quickly by clicking the Clear Cache button in Preferences, logging out, and logging back in again.  If that doesn't take care of it, you may want to clear cache manually, so that you clear ALL of the local files.  (See  http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_cache_clear )

If that still doesn't work, start through the list of other possibilities at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss .

• Like 1

Hello, Yardie, I read your post and I am ... a little lost for words.

I do not understand why you are so unlucky with your inventory items.  In four years of being in Second Life, I have not had items go missing. 

Sometimes, my inventory has not fully loaded, but all has returned after I have cleared my cache and relogged and let the inventory load. 

Sometimes also, objects have become "hidden" inside other objects.  If you look in your inventory, you might see an object that has what looks like a broken cube icon next to it.  These coalesced cubes often contain many items, and are not just what the object name would indicate. 

If you are writing a support ticket to LL, and you do not get a response from them, it is bad, but here on the forums, there should be people who can offer help and advice to you.

I can only advise you to:

1.   Clear your cache and relog, allow your inventory to load slowly, and look again for the missing items.

2.   Check your Lost and Found folder in your inventory.

3.   Rezz coalesced cubes - use land with an autoreturn - a sandbox, or one of the Linden oceans. (Itress is a Linden-owned water sim, with a 15 minute auto return, I use sometimes for rezzing coalesced cubes.)

And I wish you luck.

Thanks for the replys. All the solutions mentioned I have tried. I have mentioned that I was copying dance animations to a Hud. I 1st suspected the maker of the hud was deleting my files because everytime I loggon Second Life I would get spammed with new update message and my Hud would have new animations that the updated had sent. But please note I am talking about files that are transfer only and I nobody with the patients to explaint the defernce. I only found out the defernce after losing the files from the shop owner I bought the items from. I bought the transfer animation because they were cheaper. According to the seller the mear movel of transfer only files to a hud ment that some embedded scripts would delete the files. The files where in the hud for a good 2 weeks before they disapperd. And my understanding is after the 2 weeks I most probably tried to add more files to the hud and that is when all the non transfer files were deleted. So I did a test by trying the same thing on my other account. that is add files to a had that had two transfer only file. And I did not that as the hud was loading up and recognising the file infomation it also messaged tha the two transfer animation files were being deleted. I told all this to the seller and he said he would be happy to replace or refund all lost items once I had sent a ticket to Linden Labs. However when it comes to asking for the URL to send my list I get side tracked in to repeating what I have already done and get bounced from on suppport URL to another. As a result of all the long wait and losing my job I do not have the premimia membership any more. So really I am looking for answer from someone that has had the same kind of problem. As for missing items in my inventory that is another big story. Some bug in the code is forever returing the pose stand items I use to pose my avi in sand pit. If I use on stand pose to dress up on 5 differnt occasions and return my item after dressing up I get 5 pose stands returrend to my lost and found

Pose stands reproduce in my inventory too. The original is copyable, and this always stays in my inventory, but the others I have rezzed return to my inventory. Not a bug, a feature.

I do know that I have many items in my inventory that will cause "spam" when I log in, but these updated versions of my HUDs never cause the item to disappear from my inventory. I am glad the creator of my HUDs offer a lifetime update on the items I have purchased.

But the problem with your dance animations scripts going to the HUD, and then some embedded scripts deleting files - paid for items in effect - hmmm, this I have never encountered. I hope someone will come to this thread and be able to clear this issue up for you. I am thinking, when you send in a ticket to LL, they are not understanding properly.

It is sad that you feel no longer you can pay for a premium membership. They pay us 300L$ a week, and so really it works out at less than 1USD a week to run a basic premium account. This is worth it if you need Support - Live Chat have been very good with my problems in the past.

Again, I wish you luck. I hope you find a happy solution to this problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.