I read on the web in early January this year that will come out again the lastnames is true?

djtato Voir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Linden Lab has said that they are considering changes to the naming system, but they have offered no details and (as usual) not solicited input from the Residents.

I hope they do change the system, as I hate the Display Names.  In my opinion, there should be a private user name that is used only for log ins and not displayed to anyone else.  The present system of keeping only the password private offers insufficient security.  There should be an in-game name, with the ability to choose both first and last names, provided that the name is unique and not taken by another resident.

The in-game name should not be readily changed, but Linden Lab should offer an option to change it, for a fee...say $10 - 25.  An avatar history should be available so that others can see if a person had a previous name(s), but this should not be visible up front in the name tag.

Just my two $L.

Welcome to Second Life Answers, djtato.

It is very much hoped that last names will return to Second Life.  The CEO, Rodvik Linden, wrote on his feed in December that this would happen during the first quarter of 2012.

identity.jpg

In the meantime, add your voice, vote and watch the JIRA requesting the return of last names...

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7125

• Like 1

i am hoping that this is true and that they have not forgot about it, i would like to see lastnames return and i think it should be an open field rather than the list of last names that they used to do, and i think that for a small fee, they should allow current residents to change their name, be it first or last but it should only be allowed once a year and a fair price with real money and not L$ this way it will keep anybody from abusing the system.

oh and it should be possible to decide of you want a last name or not, no sense in forcing people to choose last names again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.