I need to know what the best way is to buy premium for a friend please

Upscale22

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please help, I joined second life a week ago and already have my own little business set up but I made a good friend from Columbia in one of my groups, the banks there don't work and she has to activate a debit card or credit card to get premium, she's a very good scripter and makes replicas of stuff in the real world like sports cars and she's doing pretty good just selling stuff on the second life marketplace but she wants to set up her own store, my place is full as it's only 512 meters but I don't know if I should buy a bigger place and let her put up a store there or buy her premium.  I'd rather just buy premium and let her pay me back but I can't find a solution without giving her my credit card details or her giving me her account details, I've looked up virtual credit cards but I don't know if linden labs will accept it or not, if you have any good ideas let me know please, thanks, and I'll pay 20 linden to whoever can provide a solution, thanks!!!  :)

I think tjhat trying to find a way for you to pay LL for someone's bill is a bad idea.

There are two solutions that spring to mind. One you already mentioned - buy more land and let your use some of it. The other is for your friend to rent his/her own land. A premium account isn't necessary for that.

Here is a good solution perhaps.

You could buy an additional 512 and rent out that land to her. That way, she can pay you in lindens for the land. Also, since you just met this person, heaven forbid you two should part ways, but if you do, you could take back your land and either sell it or use it yourself instead of being committed to paying for a second Premium account.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-and-renting-land-to-others/ta-p/700135#Section_.2

A years worth of Premium costs $72 dollars, an extra 512 costs $5 a month. For $3 more, you could purchase an extra 1024 for $8 dollars a month.  

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Beginning-landowner-FAQ/ta-p/700035#Section_..7.1

You need a reality check.  You know nothing about this person who says they are in Columbia, who says they are female, and could have any number of alts involved in any number of operations already.  She could be legit.  You have absolutely no way of knowing.  Unless you are willing to lose the money completely, keep it in your pocket, or do as has been mentioned, get the extra land, let her use it, and when/if things go sour, you can easily return her prims and give her the boot.  

Kenbro Utu wrote:

You need a reality check.  You know nothing about this person who says they are in Columbia, who says they are female, and could have any number of alts involved in any number of operations already.  She could be legit.  You have absolutely no way of knowing.  Unless you are willing to lose the money completely, keep it in your pocket, or do as has been mentioned, get the extra land, let her use it, and when/if things go sour, you can easily return her prims and give her the boot.  

Uh, yeah.  Ditto this big time.  Keep it in your pants and don't let it rule!!  You'll be back here in a week or two complaining about how she ripped you off :(

A slight twist on tiering-up the original account would be to create a premium alt account to own the 512 that would be rented to the friend.  A premium membership costs (US$72/yr), subtract the stipend (currently L$300/wk), and that 512 would cost about US$1/mo -- a lot cheaper than that first additional 512 tier fee.

I'd also suggest that all land be group-owned, where she creates the group, defines the roles, buys the land, etc., and you simply donate the land credits.  (Incidentally, if you happen to find the right configuration, a group can use the tier bonus to own a 560sq.m. parcel for that 512sq.m. tier donation.)

If circumstances change mid-year, you're not out very much, as long as you have use for the L$ stipend the alt will collect (or sell it for US$ on the LindeX -- losing the 3.5% commission).

The simplest way is for her to send you her address, and you mail her a check every month.

Not that I recommend this, mind you.  There are way too many people out there (in SL, on the web, and in the world in general) with a hard luck story, anxious to make you feel sorry for them and send them some money.  If she's doing well with selling her content, she does not need a Premium membership to set up a store.

She can rent store space on the Mainland or on a private estate and pay for it with $L she makes from selling her stuff.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.