help with 2 scripts please

Blad Klaber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm new to this forum so I apologize in advance if my questions have been repeated a lot. 

I'm looking for a script that will sit an avatar in a vehicle using a pose I have, but gives the owner the option to force the guest avatar to unsit, or eject them. My problem is I made boat and I have unwanted avatars sitting in it and I can't remove them while I'm driving. I think it's a pretty simple script, but I'm still new at scripting.

I also would like to know if there is a simple script to give the boat owner permission to allow the boat to be driven by owner, group, or anyone.

I've spent days searching the marketplace and googling these issues with no luck. I've been studying the basics of scripting, but have a long way to go before I can write one of these on my own. Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks!

One more thing. I got my sit/unsit to work. I can unsit unwanted guests now, but they just stand on the seat. How can I integrate llPushObject with llUnsit? It seems once they have been unsat, the script doesn't push them. If I add PushObject before the UnSit it doesn't do anything including unsiting. 

Here is a bit of the script so hopefully someone can see where my mistake is:

touch_start(integer total_number)
 {key sitter = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
llUnSit (sitter);
llPushObject(llDetectedKey(0),<0,0,100>,<0,0,0>,TRUE); }

llPushObject has limited usefulness, as you can see from the caveats in the LSL wiki entry....

• Only works on land where Push is not restricted or where the script is owned by the land owner.
    • If the land is owned by a group, the scripted object must be deeded to the same group.
  • In no-push areas an object can only push its owner.

Instead of using a script to set group permissions why not just edit the permissions of the car and set it to group? You would have to allow all to use it then set it to only group by deleting the "only owner" part and not adding a script for group only. This way you could save on both scripts making it more efficient and less likely to create lag for you, the sim and others. Just a thought.

I think Freecilla and I are saying the same thing here. She's right on target. You don't actually need to set permissions with a script.  You just need to check them. If the list of permitted users is complicated, you may want to go to the trouble of creating and then checking against a whitelist, but if you just want to give access to group members, the simple test I suggested earler ought to do the trick.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.