One reason why some offline deliveries do not get to the customer, even though they are delivered.

Magnet Homewood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I discovered a 'fix' for when customers do not get an offline delivery by accident! It explains why some customers do not receive their items from the marketplace, even though they are delivered, and even though they may be redelivered by the merchant. However, this only relates to offline deliveries.

I was having a problem with getting offline IMs - they would come to email, but when I logged back in, they would not appear. I also had a couple of marketplace deliveries that did not come, but at that time I didn't think to connect the two occurrences in any way. I started looking for a solution, thinking it might be a viewer bug - I use Phoenix, and I thought maybe it was a bug introduced in the latest release.

I found the Phoenix 'Jira' for bugs, and there were a few threads that talked about this problem. Notably, this one: http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/PHOE-3663 It turned out this was not a Phoenix bug, but a SL server bug, and pointed to the LL Jira - https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7540?

What those two threads point out is, that for some reason, and only sometimes, when an account's mute list is empty, offline IMs do not get delivered. The important point for merchants too is, that offline deliveries also not not get delivered.

The work around suggested by Maestro Linden is to mute someone or something, doesn't matter what or who, and usually the queued IMs and deliveries get sent. However, in my experience, there may be so many that they are capped. Also, this does not affect everyone equally - some alt accounts do not experience this problem, and some people already have something in their mute list and still experience it.

So if a customer complains of not having got their item, even after you delivered it by hand, perhaps it's worth telling them about the muting and see what happens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.