Why wont my Phoenix Viewer start up correctly when click the icon for the client I get error message

Mekaboo322 Blackheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So my Phoenix Viewer icon desktop  startup won't load properly like it should..for instance when you click it  doesn't load to get to the client to log in instead its likes it's corrupt by a error message C:/Program Files/Phoenix Viewer/PhoenixViewer.exe "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail. I can not find a damn solution to get rid if of it has anybody ever experience this problem with  Phoenix Viewer Startup if so how can I solve this any suggestions?

Im sorry if this didn't fit in part of the forums but I was just curious to know if anybody either than me experience this I dont know if this will help,but the brand of my desktop is a Windows Vista Home Basic Desktop and I just got this desktop so this should'nt be a problem this the only program that I install thats not working right that comes with a error  so im think its the files for Phoenix...but if someone knows whats wrong comment pleases.

Thanks,

In case people who have the same problem such as this as I did i found a solution going to this link by http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Viewers/None-of-the-other-viewers-are-working-Why-not/qaq-p/1155611 someone who comment on my post then saw something call appfix it worked for me my  MS C++ Runtime Libraries were missing.

Posted by Claireschen Hestenfrom that link >>you need to download something called an AppFix it used to be known as side by side fix there is one at http://downloads.phoenixviewer.com/windows/AppFix.exe once you've installed that you should be able to get all viewers to work you only get the side by side error if your system is missing MS C++ Runtime Libraries
you can also get other useful downloads including the AppFix at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=downloads

Good Luck

Hope I helped.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

The specific answers and files you need for the fix are in the Phoenix Viewer Wiki. The Wiki is hard to navigate. So, you may want to try support@phoenixviewer.com. Put a summary of the problem in the subject.

If you use more than one viewer, visit the in-world support group: Firestorm-Phoenix Support... or something close to that. They can get you the link to the right wiki page.

OMG....jumps up and squishes all tightly.....

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH....

this has been driving me CrAzY, i mean totaly....HD died on me a few days ago....two weeks since my external developed a deathly click...(my backup)  So i was like Noooo...Noooo...pleaseeee no...this cant be happening...So i lost lots of stuff.....sad face....

Any wayz, I got pc shop to fit a new HD and reinstall windows for me...first thing i go to do...install pheonix, it installed ..happy days...Well no...it was certanly not happy days....*Nasty message about the side by side*  I went straight into Google, and read like mad...tried verious fixes i found, ever for the first time in my life poking about checking numbers in my regestry...For nothing each time i tried...its was NOT HAPPENING...to my horror and dismay i feld like i was doomed...the Mr fix-it in the pc shop is away on holiday for a week...*As he was telling me this I was think about maybe getting someone to steal his car.....(only joking) Smiles.... Loosing much heart and missing all my friends I continued to search Google for some for of help...Pouting and whining to any that would listen I had a thought...."Check in the s/l chat rooms''  Like Pow....there it was....

With much love and happiness  I thank you, and all others that contribute to these sites.... .

Fankies...

Lil Manni....aka Manita Mangaroon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.