Who can i ask to change or take off my tag in world if i cant log in

ThycknPlaces

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

If you have run afoul of the "invalid character" bug reported here, there are only a few possible solutions:

1. If you are a Premium member, contact Live Chat and explain the problem.  They can remove you from the group.

2. If you are not the group's owner, go in world with an alt or have a friend log in and let you send a message to the group's owner, asking to be ejected from the group.  Explain that an invalid character in the group's tag is making it impossible for you (and probably others) to log in.  The group owner should get rid of that tag ASAP.

3. If you ARE the group's owner, it's very hard. You'll have to contact the other group members and ask them to leave the group, so that you are the sole remaining member. After 48 hours, LL will automatically eliminate the group completely.

• Like 1

Rolig has the probable answer. In the JIRA she links to people are still running into the problem and it remains marked unresolved. So, it is possible that is the problem. If you have friends in the group, talk to them via the My.SecondLife.com. Once you login the web page will let you send messages to people in-world.

But, that is not the only problem that can keep you from logging in. Can’t Login Second Life. Several of the problems in that article are now rare occurances. But, it will give you some possibilities.

Whether you are a premium member or not you can call LL about login problems. Contacting Second Life/Linden Lab

Hello ThycknPlaces. Is it sure that the problem is relative with invalid characters in your group tag? If you get the error message "Unable to connect to a simulator" maybe is relative with a temporal problem for the region you are trying to log in, so you can fix it logging in another region. Try to log in a different region like Smith, Exeuxoa or Anzere and see if that makes any difference. Try also to reboot your modem / router or log in with a different viewer. It is some rare someone to invite you in a group having utter ignorance about this problem except of that is a new group. Mostly users who create their own groups have this problem. Finally if the problem remains and you can't find a solution, you don't lose something if you submit a ticket under Account Issues --> Second Life Web Login Issues. You never know if you can get help / support this way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.