lost avatar....

Nikitaa Carter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

*sigh*... nothing seems to be working. still loading into my 'new' avatar. Anyway, starting all over. If anyone know of some good camping or money making locations let me know... and some great looking shapes and skins at reasonable prices or even free, I'd greatly appreciate it. My girl is pretty scary looking lol  :-(

Thanks for all of your suggestions everyone :) I really appreciate the help. Now, onto anew....

Camping has been largely eradicated in SL, if I recall correctly. Lucky Chairs and Midnight Mania boards are still about, though, and plentiful. You can even join some groups for these that will periodically post landmarks to boards and chairs.

Check high-quality stores for group gifts. Many groups are free to join, and you can get gorgeous, high-quality freebies. I believe Belleza is a skin store that usually has some great groups gifts out. As for shapes, you'll find that many people in SL use tthe starter shape and edit the heck out of it; or right click their inventory and "Create New Shape" and do the same - edit until they get something they're happy with! (Personally, I bought my shape from Damage and have since edited the body heavily, but the face is largely the same. Good prices there, but you pay more for the modifiable version :matte-motes-frown:)

You can try Linden Realms to make a bit of money.

ETA: In my opinion, eyes also go a long way towards updating and improving your avi. They're not hard to find, and usually not expensive, either.

Your old account did not disappear unless you were premium and canceled your membership. Then I think your account goes bye-bye. I'm not sure. 

I had an old account, older than this one, that got eaten mysteriously. I don't know why or how. I heard something happened with log ins back then.

If you did not cancel a premium membership then you just have to remember your avatar name and password and log in. You can have more than one.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Same thing happened to me, I logged in with my old account (not premium) today. On a new computer entirely, so using the latest SL viewer from the website.

The last time I had logged on was some time in 2008 or 2009. I now had the same thing happen to me, an error message appeared saying it cannot find my character at all in order to display it and then I also foolishly created a new one. There is none of my stuff in my inventory, my previously visited places and history are all empty  and instead of appearing in the middle of the sea like before, I somehow appeared in an airfield!

Shame... I really liked my character and clothes and have no idea / can't remember how to re-make her! I will try the suggested post and let you know if it works!

Edit:

Ok, so the Ctrl+Shift+G just brought up the groups menu, didn't bring up a selection for beta mode. But I then saw my group was listed. I went back to the inventory and pressed a and it all magically came back! I was able to wear my old girl and take off the new avatar, so it's all good now :)

Odd how it couldn't load what I had on though, in the first place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.