I can log on, but cannot transport anywhere

kwajkid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

I see that you are fairly new to SL. Have you ever been able to teleport, or is this a new problem?   Take a look at your firewall.  It may be blocking outbound TCP port 12043, which will prevent TPs and may cause you to crash.  See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Configure_your_software_firewall for instructions about creating a firewall exception.

Another problem is wearing a large number of scripts. If you have sizable jewelry, hair, shoes, and weapons or other scripted attachments with lots of scripts you can have problems tp'ing.

Strip down and try teleporting.

There are script weight scales in the market place. They are free. You can get one to check your script load. Somewhere over 100 scripts you may start having problems. Over 200 and most likely you will be having problems. I have seen avatars with over 800 scripts...

1. You have not provided enough information to tell us what you are doing. You'll have to tell us exactly what error message you are getting, and when.

2. You have attached your post here at the bottom of someone else's thread --- a VERY OLD, dead thread --- where nobody will see it, except by accident. Please start your own new thread, and include a full description of the problem you are dealing with. Thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.