When you upgrade to a paying member?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

MariahWhispers wrote:

If you get the house from Linden then I assume you get alot for it to sit on.  Or must one buy land upon which  to sit the home/

Yes - the house comes on a small lot in what looks like a housing development. Other houses will be very close to you but you can set your lot for privacy. With the way the houses are set up you'll be able to use more of your "prim" allotment for furniture than other lots of the same size, but you can't make significant changes to the house itself.

if you pick the linden home a house of the style you've chosen is automatically assigned to you on a sim where there is a vacant home the home sits on a 512sqm sized plot and the prims of the home don't count towards the prim count of the plot so when you take posession of the home you'll have a full 117 prims at your disposal 

if you wish to use a home you have made or bought you must buy land for the home to sit on and the prim count of the home will count against that of the land so if you buy a 30 prim home and rezz it on the land you bought assuming it's a 512sqm plot and the homes footprint is upto 16x32 you will have 87 prims left to use

MariahWhispers wrote:

ty for the replies.  I guess a Lindenhome would be best just starting out.

I would think so. It's free, you have more available prims because the house prims don't count, you can change your house and location as often as you wish (up to 5 times a day), and you get a feel for what to look for in a house and land when you do decide to move out.

MariahWhispers wrote:

I am a bit confused on what you mean if you leave it you lose it.  I assume one can travel etc.  Do you mean if  you move and don't go back or what?  So much to learn and understand here.

Hi Mariah. I am a bit confused on where I said if you leave it you lose it. You responded to this message:

"I would think so. It's free, you have more available prims because the house prims don't count, you can change your house and location as often as you wish (up to 5 times a day), and you get a feel for what to look for in a house and land when you do decide to move out."

The part where I said 'decide to move out' was used in the same way one could speak about moving out of a real world residence, in that moving out generally means packing up ones belongings and changing address.

So no, if you leave it you don't lose it. You are free to travel all of second life as often as you want. Until you consciously make the choice to abandon your Linden Home, it will be there waiting for you, no matter how long you are gone and as long as you pay for your membership. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.