I have an old Dice prim that is no longer working. how do i go about fixing it? Not a programmer

ParkerJ Kasei

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I hae an old dice prim that is no longer working.  The creator who gave it to me is no longer in SL.  I'm NOT a programmer.  Anyone know how I can fix it?  It floats in the air.  When you click on it, it used to fall to the ground and roll to a number.  Now it just floats in the air.  I click on it and nothing happens...

Thanks for the idea of posting in the Wanted section.  I have tried to find a new dice...it's hard lol.  Search brings up all the gaming places.  I just need one die...if you know of any for sale anywhere...let me know.  I've been looking for 2 days!

2 answers to this question

Without seeing the script, there's no way that anyone can guess what's wrong with it.  You can post a question in the Wanted forum, asking for a scripter to fix it for you.  Don't post it in the LSL Scripting forum, because that's for people who are writing their own scripts or are interested in learning to.  As an alternative, there are plenty of freebie dice scripts around, though, so you should be able to find another one either in world or by doing a Google search.

• Like 1

ParkerJ Kasei wrote:

Thanks for the idea of posting in the Wanted section.  I have tried to find a new dice...it's hard lol.  Search brings up all the gaming places.  I just need one die...if you know of any for sale anywhere...let me know.  I've been looking for 2 days!

There used to be one among the standard issue stuff in your inventory's Library folder.  Isn't it still there?   I can't get in world right now to check, but you can.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.