Sign in to follow this  
Xonoa Silverweb

Any Nice Sci-FI based rp worlds out there?

I have heard of Neo Tokyo and bladerunner...are there any others a Neko (or rather a human and animl spliced being) can get into? Please list as many as you want. the more the merrier.

Midian City has a neko gang. It's kinda Bladerunner-esque.

There's Necronom VI, anyone is welcome there but it's an adult RP sim. Made by a professional game designer, tho! 

Doomed Ship is another good one. Really creepy atmosphere tho, very horror/sci-fi.

Insilico is a big one, also kinda Bladerunner-esque, but more Ghost in the Shell-esque, really.

Try Deshima, Aeon Flux and Smugglers' Moon. Deshima and Aeon Flux are fairly free-form while Smugglers' Moon is strictly Star Wars canon RP. Deshima is furry-friendly so Nekos should be cool there, too.

Penny Patton wrote:

Midian City has a neko gang. It's kinda Bladerunner-esque.

There's Necronom VI, anyone is welcome there but it's an adult RP sim. Made by a professional game designer, tho! 

Doomed Ship is another good one. Really creepy atmosphere tho, very horror/sci-fi.

Insilico is a big one, also kinda Bladerunner-esque, but more Ghost in the Shell-esque, really.

Luckily you don't even have to be part of the neko gang in Midian to play a neko there. And the traffic has apparently been picking up again lately. As for Insilico, do they allow nekos? Aren't they more about humans and cyborgs?

Well, Neo Tokyo is indeed another decent sim for nekos. It's hard to find good places to play a hybrid currently, it seems.

Oh hey there . Yeah a lot of Sci-Fi roleplays in this pixel world. You can try searching for "science fiction" in search but I recommend you  to check out this new cool roleplay which is based on "Harry Potter" from real life.

The name is Hogwarts : Your story and is a GREAT opportunity to find new sci-fi partners or  to get to know many Harry potter "geeks" ( Joke of course , as for myself , i Love harry potter . )

http://blog.ohmai.net/?cat=424 there's some fashion tutorials for how to get dressed for this roleplay  and here is the flickr  page where u can find links for inworld place or their blog http://www.flickr.com/photos/hogwartsyourstory/ . You will have to request your letter , to sign in for a character and,,more u can see here http://hogwartsyourstory.com/ .

I'm sorry for my weak english! Take care everybody.

The sad answer to this one is most likely a 'no'

There are some sims that have the look but even after continues looking I have nto came across a sci-fi based RP sim. There is of course doomed ship but while it has outstanding looks, everyone ther does what they like wihtout regard to any sim wide backgorund story ... still .. go ther and have a look since it is a 'must visit' location.

I have always found it very strange that both science fiction and cyberpunk themes are so underrepresented in SL. One would think that the idea of virtual realities would make more ideas to surface and more sims like this being build but as far as I can tell form my searches for ncie RP sims, supernatural and fantasy themes have goten much more attention. Even the 'dark urban' theme that has been the big hit in previous years seem to be in a decline. And sci-fi (with the exception of TV show/movie based sims that are around) is nowhere to be found. Or I have not came across it yet but then I would love to know where to look for it.

I have had no luck whatsoever finding decent sci fi RP sims in SL.  There are plenty of sci fi sims, but they arent for RP, they are usually full of market places, or just people looking around, with no RP rules or structure.

Also most of the ones that ARE out there are based off of star treck and star wars, there really isnt anything interesting or original out there.  I have looked hard.

I myself am part of a Babylon 5 based RP sim .... and they are open to custom characters/races, provided you can find a way to fit them into the setting.

I actually took an old sci-fi/fantasy race I'd created and altered it to be primarily sci-fi.

The character I play is an anthromorphic crimson tiger, part of a "catch-all" race for most anthros.

Hit me up in world if you'd like to have a look at the place - I am certain the GM would not mind a new race being added in. 

Theres another sci-fi sim out there called sindulgence. Check it out.

They did have Nomos too.. but that sim is gone. Not sure if it's coming back but I heard through the grapevine is possibly will be