Mean minded penny pinching

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Persephone Emerald wrote:

I'm curious why you would abandon land at the beginning of a month. Won't you have to pay tier on this land for the month of January, whether you still own it or not?

The tier triggers based on your account's date of going premium or date of bumping tier. Not the beginning of the month.

With my 5 premium accounts, I have them set in stages across the month.

Ban lines only affect the area  to a height of 50 M above the terrain, no matter what parcel-level settings are established to restrict it, unless individuals are banned by name, and then for those individuals the ban line height is 768 Meters. So anyone could probably fly over that area at 51 M above the terrain, with no barriers at all.

Even if you set the parcels to 'no public access', that restriction is meaningless as long as the sim has contiguous neighboring sims that allow public access, since you can TP to those neighboring areas and fly into the 'non-public' area above ban line height, or TP in directly with a specified altitude above the ban line height. The only time a 'no public access' restriction actually works is at the sim level in a priavte island sim, with no contiguous neighboring sims that have a lower permission level.

What a lot of smart arse know it alls there are in sl.....we never set up ban lines in Tefnut we let people build as they please until of course junk was dumped all over the region...and even then we didnt establish ban lines we set tefy so that only members of the group myself and cully could build....somehow these became ban lines the day we abandoned - despite all the smart ass know it all theories here ...

as for the anti ban line group yes I can see from the comments here we should ban a lot of deserving names from our land...

This was posted by Cerise on page 2 of this thread:-

"LL did not put ban lines on that land, you did. You have your land in that region with public access off, group access on, and some allow and ban lists. Your settings have been preserved, but temporarily applied to the new owner Governor Linden. They should be cleared out after the abandon grace period, when the land goes up for public sale."

You took a long time to say you didn't do it. She said you still have ban lines up on the land you still own and, if that's the case, it does seem as though you put the ban lines around the land you abandoned.

Apparently, your land is limited to group access only so, assuming that the land you abandoned was included in that, it seems likely that, when it transfered to a non-group entity (Govenor Linden), the ban lines were kept but they couldn't be group only so they became a general ban.

Anyway, it's no big deal. A ticket, explaining what happened, should have it sorted out pretty quickly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.