When I equip an alpha shirt thing, the whole top half of my avatar's body disappears. Fix this?

MarleyMayhem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have not been using SL for very long and just when I start to get the hang of it, something like this happens and I don't know how to fix it. When I equiped an alpha mask which was intended to hide the extra body parts sticking out when I equip the shoe, the top half of my body disappears. I look like I am just floating hair. 

How do I fix this? In Laymen's terms please. I'm still a noob.

3 answers to this question

There is nothing wrong with the alpha layer. You need to know that there are many different types of alpha layers to hide different body parts. From where do you take the layer? Did it came with the shoes or did you use it from somewhere else?

The statement in their post, "When I equiped an alpha mask which was intended to hide the extra body parts sticking out when I equip the shoe" pretty much indicates the person was trying to use their shoe alpha that came with the shoes.

This is a known issue in the SL JIra and has been since early December. There are no updates to any of the active Jira tickets, and dozens have been closed due to being duplicates. I'm watching this because I also have this problem in SL Viewer, SL Developer Viewer, and Firestorm. Makes it kind of a bummer when you can't wear your nice shoes. Here are the active Jira tickets. As for inactive ones, a quick search should show them all.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2679

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2914

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.