i hear people can putyou on there ipod to see you log in and out is this true and how to

sgtrockk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i hear people can put you on ther ipod to track when you log in and out is this true and how can you stop them from seeing when you come and go?also when you block someone is it permante or do you have to do it everytime you log in?

2 answers to this question

Any script in SL can check your avatar's online status at any time.  There is nothing you can do to stop that.  Any script in SL can send any email it likes to any address.  There is nothing you can do to stop that.  So - any script can see when you go on or offline and tell anyone and there is nothing you can do about it.

[The usual thing to do, if you are worried about it, is to create another account and use that when you want to be incognito.  Just don't tell anyone it's you]

The ipod doesn't have such magical powers, but what PeterCanessa Oh says in his post is absolutely true, there are scripts that can inform people when others log in and log out.  These can be very useful, but unfortunately sometimes stalkers use these scripts too.

Just know that you are not answerable to anyone, in real life or in Second Life.  You can always hide behind your sofa and not answer the door if someone calls unexpected in real life, and in Second Life, what difference does it make if someone knows your login/logout patterns.  Just be flattered you are that interesting to someone, I say.

When you block someone, they are blocked inworld until you unblock them. They can, however, still see your online status.  They can also send you notecards and "gifts" - which you can just reject.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.