is an ATI Radeon xpress 1100 video card enough to run second life?

CjBarlow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I played SL on this same laptop for months. I upgraded to Windows7 and now Im unable to even get a login screen. i have an ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 video card. Is that enough to play SL? I guess while my laptop was down you have updated the viewer. Guess I'll jus hav to update my vid-card :(

2 answers to this question

Hello CjBarlow and welcome to SL Forums. In the page with SL System Requirements you can read that Radeon xpress series has not been tested with Second Life, and compatibility is not certain. However you said that you played SL with this card for months. My feeling is that after you upgraded you have to download again the last drivers for your graphics card and you can download them here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx See if that makes any difference.

I had this prblem also. But I was using windows 7 before and second life was working fine. After I formatted my laptop and reinstalled the same operating system window 7 I don't even get the log in window. I'm using ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 and my screen resolution meets up with the sl requirements. But I keep getting this message: 

second life is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware. Please make sure you have the lastest video card drivers and even if you do have the lates, try reinstalling them. 

If any one has the same problem please help.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.