Effect prims on neighbors land next to mine emit effects on most of my land I can't block

Thomasine Guisse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A new neighbor on Linden land next to mine has placed or possibly allowed someone else to place prims very near my land that do produce beautiful effects, but fall on most of my 2048 parcel. This really interupts my own viewing. I've just very politely emailed her about this and even removed my own snow generator prim just in case any particles fall on her land at any time. 

I don't expect an answer very soon and playing with my advanced settings does remove the effects at the cost of not viewing my own simple and alpha objects.

Is LL working on anything that would stop such effects/particles from invading others land?  I've known others who have had to literally abandon land, because some people place nice effects on their land and don't care where the particles fall(and then they can buy up the abandoned land).

What should I do if I do not get a reply from this resident since this is Linden Land without covenants, of course? I do not wish to antagonize or make any trouble with this resident whose land holdings are larger than mine. I want to resolve this peaceably.

Intentional griefers I can deal with, although it takes time.

Thomasine.guisse(Alice Brandon Cullen)

5 answers to this question

Send them a polite notecard explaining the problem (as I think you've done but if it was an IM then a notecard would be better in case your neighbor's IM's get capped).  Give it time.  And don't jump to conclusions about the new neighbor intentionally trying to disrupt your SL with particles........it's much more likely that they are simply not aware of the issues they are causing you.  If all else fails (as a last resort after exhausting polite notes or chats) you can file an Abuse Report and have LL take care of it for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.