I found items looking like mine.Owner of a shop plagiats my work. What to do?

Morning Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I create backgrounds for photographers since 2010 year. In one store appeared a pack of backgrounds named exactly like mine and looking like mine, wich i have created 2 years ago.The store offers many items like, i offer.

It is not stealing my content, it is a plagiat of my work and saying, that all is fine. This person does the same right after me. Copying the way and style of work can not be just ok.

How can i protect my idea and work? 

4 answers to this question

You can file an abuse report on the shop owner for theft of your intellectual property. It is against the ToS to do copybot, or to in any other way steal someone else's work. LL will investigate and come to their own conclusion; if they conclude that this person stole your work, they'll remove the plagiarized content and probably ban the account of the offender.

"...

Copying the way and style of work can not be just ok.

..."

-----------------------------------------------------

But it is okay to copy a style and way anyone does work.  That would mean that I couldn't create an abstract image using GIMP because I would be copying someone else's style and way they create their abstracts.  You can't copyright an idea or style.....you can patent though.  Maybe you should look into that..........good luck though.  Going to be very difficult obtaining a patent like that.

"...

How can i protect my idea and work? "

-----------------------------------------

You can't protect your idea but you can protect your work.  You protect your work by using the DMCA laws.  But by your work it has to be your work........not a work done by someone else that has both your style and your method.

You said these are not copies of your work......so there's nothing you can do.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.