banned from my own land?? ;O

DizWunzaKilla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,well seeing as how im one of the many who cannot log in right now ..i just thought i'd see if somebody here would know how i keep getting banned from places iv never been?i dont know the owers of land, i dont bother anybody on sl,i barely even talk to many.i have even bee banned from my own land and stores once =/ and when owner checks im not listed on ban list,yet i still cant go there.does this happen anybody else or does anybody else a solution to this? thank you

Thank you..i am recievin the message.could not teleport you are banned from this land.....i was reading another lady having similar problems though and 1 suggestion was her avatar height.My avatar is 5ft so maybe this is the reason.il try once i can log back in.ty guys..

10 answers to this question

The fact that you cannot teleport to a location does not mean you are banned.  There are lots of things that stop people from teleporting.  It really depends on what message you are getting when you try.  Perhaps you can go to Options - Edit and add additional information about those messages.

--Cinn

As Cinn says, it's very unlikely that you have been banned from those places. You're either having chronic trouble teleporting or you are trying to go to places where you need to belong to the group that owns the place.  There are lots of closed sims in SL.  To see whether it's a teleport problem, consider the tips here >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_teleporting  .

Hello DizWunzaKilla. SL viewer and Phoenix Viewer count the avatar's height differently. If you are for example 5'' with Phoenix, with Viewer 3 you are about 4'5'' with Viewer 3. Places with height delectors don't allow avatars shorter than 5'' and they count the height as i know with the offlicial viewer (although it is no accurate). You wrote that you have already contacted the owner and you are no into the ban list (for the parcel i guess) but maybe you have been banned from the whole Estate. Try to contact the Estate Manager or Owner or with an im or better with a notecard to check out if something is wrong.

• Like 1

Hello Diz,

Depending on a number of Region/Server and/or your own Internet Speed performance issues, you can find yourself temporarily banned from a parcel under the following circumstances:

1) Crossing over from a region PG parcel to a different region Mature parcel when either region is performing poorly. The information being passed about your session from the previous region to the new one may lag behind and prevent your avatar from being properly validated as a Mature accepting account. [i experienced this on my own regions when I owned several regions, one of which was always PG]

2) I've rarely seen a height ban enforced, but in those cases you will usually get an annoying pop-up message from the security orb denying you access.

3) Teleporting also requires your avatar session state information to be passed on to the new region in a timely manner before it will accept you. Any number if things will slow this process down such as a) The departing region is running slowly due to too many avatars or is experiencing major time dilation. b) The destination region is is running slowly due to too many avatars or is experiencing major time dilation. c) You are heavy in active scripts [e.g. Script-adjustable hair, jewelry & boots are typical] - Depending on which server version a region is running, the rules on what % of your information needs to arrive before you seems to change.

4) Specific "You are Banned from this Land" at TP time are usually from regions or parcels with enforced age or group membership requirements.

I hope this helps a bit.

• Like 1

I've been having much the same problem. I just had an application to a sim rejected because I'm on the ban list for a "Briarhaven"... a place I've never even been to, and haven't heard of up until that day. I think something, somewhere, is screwy, 'cause things like this should not happen when you have never even been to the place, and can't even see it on your search

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.