Graphics card driver error message...?

Modesto Caproni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just downloaded SL Viewer 3.2.4.246439.  I'm running Win XP Pro SP3, NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430.  I did everything on the "Help" page suggested for NVIDIA graphics driver errors...closed out all applications and reinstalled drivers twice.  I even reverted back to an older SL Viewer with the same type of error message.  Any tips or advice?

Error message: "Second Life is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware. Please make sure you have the latest video card drivers and even if you do have the latest, try reinstalling them.

If you continue to receive this message, contact the Second Life Support Portal."

2 answers to this question

Not only is the card a weak one, as Lindal mentioned, it's also a very old card..........I believe it was released in 2004 (which in the computer age is ancient).  You're just not going to be able to run any of the newer viewers (V-2.x.x or V-3.x.x).  The card was a very low end card when I was released and it just barely ran SL back in the day when I was relatively new (I had a 6250LE when I first joined SL..........the 6250LE is a little more powerful than the 6150SE.

The older viewer, 1.23 will probably run SL.......but not at any setting above mid range (and probably not even that high).  You can find it here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers

The 1.23 download is at the very bottom of the page.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.