Sign in to follow this  
Fubar Constantine

new collars should be banned from the game and break many laws in most countries

As to all the wild accusations of TOS violations and IM: The SL TOS explicity forbids intercepting or logging of IMs, except by the parties involved in the IM.  Several collars give the "owner" the ability to record the "wearers" side of public chat, and most give the "owner" the ability to disable IMs.  Neither of these is a violation of the TOS.  No collar I'm aware of gives the "owner" the ability to snoop, monitor, or log IMs, as this would be a violation of the TOS.

So if we could all just stop ranting about this, that would be great.

As for the OP: if you don't like bondage games, don't play them.  Don't go to bondage sims, and don't talk to people wearing collars.  I certainly hope you're not one of those idiots who feels he has to push me around because I'm tiny and wearing a collar, or cuffs, or a leash.

Jo Exonar wrote:

No collar I'm aware of gives the "owner" the ability to snoop, monitor, or log IMs, as this would be a violation of the TOS.

It would also be impossible if the collar wearer is using any viewer I've ever heard of, and there are certainly no RLV or RLVa functions what would allow anyone to script such an item.

And... before anyone posts to say "but a friend of mine told me her Master can read her IMs" or something similar, please apply Occam's Razor and ask yourself what is the simplest and most likely explanation for your friend's saying this.

I have been a slave for over 2 years, and have used many kinds of collars. Never had a single problem when trying to remove them. A reset and deactivation of the rlv is enough to do the job....:matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Yes, no collar, new or old, takes anyone's rights away. Altho sometimes it feels very serious between the two sharing the experience, It's a pretend collar & the one wearing the collar has willingly entered into the pretense. You can opt out of the situation at anytime. No biggie.

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

I'm not sure what "new collars" you're talking about. I'm also not sure exactly what gives you the right to pass judgement about people's personal choices. There are people who enjoy taking total control of others, and people who enjoy having others take total control of them. Collars on SL allow those people to experience that sort of relationship in a "safe" environment.

Your concerns are a touch overblown. Collars require RLVa to work. They also require the user to be inworld. Should a situation get out of control, or should an "owner" leave SL permanently, etc., all the wearer of the collar needs to do is log out, turn off their RLV support in preferences, and log back in. Then remove the collar. Plus, you stated that support is willing to help with this as well.

If you have a problem with these "new collars," don't wear one. Don't make someone else wear one. Leave others to their choices; they have a right to them.

ETA some slight clarification.

ETA2: I've seen collars and other restraints that are capable of taking away someone's ability to IM for quite some time now. It's not something new or unique to these "new collars."

You understand some pratical uses for these types of collars. Not only for Gor RP. (which I will get into why what you want to do destroys my fun and reason for having a male and female avatar in Second Life.) I personally know wives and parents that do not allow thier or teens to play second life without them.

Okay it sounds like you either were griefed or walked into a Gor sim. If I am playing a female avatar on a Gor sim, I want the danger of bbeing force collared and controlled. Now while many view Gor as a bdsm thing it really is not. Fans of the book know this. While slavery is common in the Gor universe and a majority are women. There are some bdsm qualities with the whip and chain dances. Not every slave is used sexually. Only pleasure slaves are, in the books there are intracasies of the master slave relationship that is very interesting. Also the culture of the planet, the women accept it and few are actually miserable about it. Barbarian women (women abducted from earth by the priest kings. Which in sl Gor you have to sign up for those in most cases.) that aren't outright killed after resisting and trying to escape are the only ones that are according to the books.

Also bodily functions are not required on sl, unless you put in the command for it. There are many valid reasons for keeping them from being banned. Not all for bdsm sexual practices either.

One final question how is controlling if an avatar can im or not sick? Other than when used for griefing purposes, a 1st lif spouse can use something like this to be able to control what her husband does and vise versa. Not that I agree with it as much as a 1st life parent doing this to thier kids. Which is an ethical and psychological academic discussion that is irrelevant to this post. I find a lot of things that are accepted in 1st life society as a mental sickness. Like our patriarchal society. But I do not normally voice this opinion or press my views on other people. Nor do I try and destroy someone's fun in a videogame because of my personal beliefs.

Plus how does these collars break any laws in other countries. Are there countries that regulate what happens in a virtual world? As long as it doesn't happen in the physical world to my knowledge it breaks no laws as it stands currently.

enkilleridos wrote:

You understand some pratical uses for these types of collars. Not only for Gor RP. (which I will get into why what you want to do destroys my fun and reason for having a male and female avatar in Second Life.) I personally know wives and parents that do not allow thier or
teens to play second life without them.

WHAT?!?!? Teens should not be wearing a collar in SL.

Okay it sounds like you either were griefed or walked into a Gor sim. If I am playing a female avatar on a Gor sim, I want the danger of bbeing force collared and controlled. Now while many view Gor as a bdsm thing it really is not. Fans of the book know this. While slavery is common in the Gor universe and a majority are women. There are some bdsm qualities with the whip and chain dances. Not every slave is used sexually. Only pleasure slaves are, in the books there are intracasies of the master slave relationship that is very interesting. Also the culture of the planet, the women accept it and few are actually miserable about it. Barbarian women (women abducted from earth by the priest kings. Which in sl Gor you have to sign up for those in most cases.) that aren't outright killed after resisting and trying to escape are the only ones that are according to the books.

Also bodily functions are not required on sl, unless you put in the command for it. There are many valid reasons for keeping them from being banned. Not all for bdsm sexual practices either.

One final question how is controlling if an avatar can im or not sick? Other than when used for griefing purposes, a 1st lif spouse can use something like this to be able to control what her husband does and vise versa. Not that I agree with it as much as a 1st life parent doing this to thier kids. Which is an ethical and psychological academic discussion that is irrelevant to this post. I find a lot of things that are accepted in 1st life society as a mental sickness. Like our patriarchal society. But I do not normally voice this opinion or press my views on other people. Nor do I try and destroy someone's fun in a videogame because of my personal beliefs.

Plus how does these collars break any laws in other countries. Are there countries that regulate what happens in a virtual world? As long as it doesn't happen in the physical world to my knowledge it breaks no laws as it stands currently.

This thread is 2 years old...

necropost.jpg