Please help me, my SL-Viewer can not be initialized

SirAngle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry for my bad english, it's only school english.:matte-motes-asleep-2: I have a huge problem with installing the Second Life viewer, my PC everything is fantastic start but always when using the message could not be initialized. I have my operating system even plays up again (including Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3). My PC has the following features: AMD Athlon XP 1800 +, 1.5 GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 with 256 MB (AGP 8x). I despair. Was already on the MSI (by the board manufacturer) side, all drivers are up to date - even with Nvidia.

Hello SirAngle and welcome to SL Forums. If your viewer is stuck to "Initiliazing VFS" is possible to fix the issue if you clear your cache manually  (out of SL and having the viewer closed). So delete all contests at the following folders (for XP): 

C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and

C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ SecondLife

Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

See if that helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.