Mac (Lion OS) - No marketplace notification, + can't get tele invites

Wastedyuthe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am using a Macbook Air with the latest versions of SL (the official one, Phoenix, and Firestorm) installed.  All three have the same issues.

Basically I bought this item from the Market Place:

Item Page

And received the email to say it's been delivered and I just need to log in and Accept or Decline.  I logged in for hours since, and nothing has ever come up giving me that option.  A friend on Windows tried to help by saying an option should appear at the bottom but nothing has.  They also tried sending me an invite to teleport to them, but in the text box of the official viewer it just said it was sent to "Loading..." and didn't do anything.

I really want to start using SL (I am new to it) but with these early issues I can't see it being an option.  Help?

There's a known bug with off-line notifications right now. There's a thing called a "mute list" or "block list" that contains the names of people and things you've chosen to keep from contacting you, which is sent from the servers at the same time your off-line notifications are. If there's nothing on that list right now, not only will the server not send you the empty block list (logical), it won't send you notifications or objects sent to you when you're offline. A work-around is to "block" something or somebody, even temporarily. This usually releases a bunch of stopped-up notifications and inventory offers. "Blocking" is an option that comes up when you do whatever Mac users do when they want to do what I think of as "right-clicking" on something or somebody.

Wastedyuthe wrote:

Ok, so I can just block a stranger temporarily then and that should solve the problem?

Yes, or even an object - preferrably an object that you won't need to interact with. If it DOESN'T you should be able to ask the merchant to send the object again. Failed deliveries aren't uncommon and most merchants are understanding and wiling to send the object again.

It worked!!!!

THANK YOU THERESA!!!

I blocked a complete stranger, and immediately afterwards, all my items had notifications appear asking me to Keep or Decline.  Not only that, I also had another box appear which included all the teleport requests and friend requests I never received!  YAY!!!!

I could KISS you!

Thanks Chimera.  Yes unfortunately I can see a lot of newcomers having this issue on their Mac's and maybe not checking the forum and finding the answer.  I hope the developers fix it soon.

Now I just have to figure out how the rest of the app works- so many menu's and options lol.  Far more complicated than vSide or IMVU, but a lot more scope too by the looks of things :)

• 2 months later...

fiasco started. i am unable to see names, anyones, in  some places where they  should be, like contacts, groups, about land, in the edit box and on  objects. i Have lost the ability to initiate  Im's as well I have  come to the  conclusin , that thses problems are  unfixable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.