Interesting...

RoseBeMine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm currently using v3 of the SL viewer and I quite like it for what I do. For the hell of it I downloaded the v1 that I came across in someones post on another thread on here. I logged in and for the first time ever my avatar moved a bit more smoothly and not so jaggedy. Sometimes I have a slight moment in time when my avi walks smootly and what the normal pace would be and then it falls back in to being slow.

I know it's probably my computer but why would the v1 viewer allow my avi to move a lot better? I also noticed that the shoes and some things were a bit blocky is that because the viewer doesn't support mesh?

Oh to have a veiwer or any viewer where my avi and the world around her moves in a more smoother fashion.

The blockiness may be a graphics issue; try upping your graphics and/or fiddling with some settings. Someone else may have something more specific on that.

Essentially, any v1-based viewer is lower-tech than the newer v2-based viewers, including v3. Because they have less "stuff," they are less laggy and allow more FPS (frames per second), allowing you move more smoothly. I've noticed this difference myself between Phoenix and Firestorm. V1 is simply less taxing. This may not be true for those with a high-tech or highly capable machine, but it is true for many SL users.

The "blockiness" would not be a mesh issue. The mesh support allows you to see mesh objects, but doesn't do anything to non-mesh objects. (Mesh support also, arguably, adds to lag.)

i dont think so in the v1. was introduce in v2 i think the front view. not sure tho bc i havent used a v1 for ages. it maybe be in Phoenix tho but not sure about that either. that an oldskool v1 style viewer as well and can do mesh. phoenix has heaps of extra things in it that official v1 doesnt

when i use the v1 in olden days i just used to hold left mouse on my head and move mouse to change the view to the front

again am not sure about in cool, but some the v1 style viewers have a history dialog. like u say the UI quite a bit a dif to v3. just have to click the buttons and menus and see what is

see u figure the view thingy out so \o/ for that (:

henri who makes the cool is add stuff from v2 and v3 into his viewer. is probly a heap of other things in there as well

in olden days i had a intel integrated gfx card and only 256M memory. lol was like mud. so can know how u feeling about crashing into things and getting stuck

i just made like a game in the end. like i am way smarter than any old dumb program. i can win this game (:

so i learn lots of tricks

main ones was to turn down everything in the gfx settings. also in the Advanced menu is rendering options. like trees and foot shadows and ground and other stuff. turn as many off them as poss

other main thing was to always open the map b4 teleport. if is more than like 4 ppl already there then not go and go another time

a little thing i learn early was to use to Goto when was a bit busy and i had to go that sim anyways. like pick some random person who is close by where u want to go and Goto them. and say hi !!! and then do same to next person (:

other thing i got was a Follow hud script. is lots freebie iones u can get. like just pick some random person or a friend and click the hud and follow them. when they walk u get a free tow. was heaps ppl used to do that way in them days of slower computers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.