Looking into Bloging..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying to at least everything there is to do in SL at least once and bloging is something that I have been wanting to try for some time now but never really know where to start or how to come about starting to do. Any tips on how to get started would be greatful as well as anything else.

Thank you.

Penelope Rolendis

I will certainly look into that. Thank You.

Once have a site then what? Start applying or doing hunts and blog about them? Shopping and doing hunts in SL is my addiction so ... yeah. lol. Most people looking for bloggers wants people with experience for 3 or more months. Like, What is a good way to get started in the blogging world?

A good Blogger needs to understand his or her limits. He or She should isolate subjects or topics in which he or she holds the most passion for, and the vigorously pursue every relevant fact, myth, pro and con about about that subject or topic.

Establish a position and be prepared to defend your post.

Acknowledge your weaknesses to deter those who may wish to sidetrack your efforts.

Admit it when you are wrong. Ignore it when you "were right". The purpose of blogging is to inform, your Readers will grow as you grow. (The Readers don't have to admit when they are wrong, and they usually don't like to be reminded)

If you Join 1 site, you should join them all, FB, twitter, youtube, ect, ect. People get upset when your not @ their favorite site.  

Never intentional lie, trick or mislead your readers. The Internet may want to fight you.

That's about all I have for now. Good luck, stay focused on the goal. :smileyhappy:

like knowl said. passion the main thing. can even be critical passion. can feel the passion of the author when u read their blogs. can also feel their disinterest and boredom even if is technically well written. if the author project that disinterest in their style then readers soon become disinterested in them as well after a time and not visit anymore

if hunts ur passion then just start doing. tell stories about ur adventures and misadventures doing them. they always fun to read and stories touches ppl 

after a time the ppl who make hunts and have shops and stuff will find u and ask if they can be included in ur blog like commercially. that a better way bc by then u got ur own readership and u not dependent only on the commercial aspects for success of ur blog

Penelope Rolendis wrote:

I am trying to at least everything there is to do in SL at least once and bloging is something that I have been wanting to try for some time now but never really know where to start or how to come about starting to do. Any tips on how to get started would be greatful as well as anything else.

Thank you.

Penelope Rolendis

Penelope Rolendis wrote:

Thank you.

Penelope Rolendis

You already got some good advice, including the tip to use Wordpress (which is my favourite too).

My advice, as blogger, would be: write about what you like and your blog will develop. I started my blog as a sort of diary, for myself mainly, as I love to explore and needed a place to keep a 'list' with my comments and pics of where I have been. Over time, slowly, I got some readers - and it is nice to find out people enjoy my adventures.

It depends on what you want with your blog, there are fashion-blogs, travel-blogs, philosophical ones..just try it and find out what it is you like to write about!

Happy blogging!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.