Is it possible to teleport throughout secondlife, while piloting a large ship?

Rebellious Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im a resident inworld, and i have for the last two + years have been trying to figure a way to convert a ship into a complete teleport system throughout the map inworld.

This is puzzling to me to say the least. My question to anyone reading is simply this.

Is it possible to modify a freebie ship, or to create a ship that can teleport with me to places that allow objects?

3 answers to this question

I am not aware of a system which would allow you to teleport across the entire grid without having first placed a beacon or landmark at each potential landing point.

If a kiosk or advertising company were to allow use of their land holdings, travel beacons could be installed in all Regions where that group owns land.

Using the Map does defeat the purpose of the idea, I would agree. A Vehicle travel or destination HUD (or vehicle mounted display panel) would be very useful.

You could repost this question in the Discussion section of the Forum, I will post a link for the category.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Scripting/bd-p/LSLScripting

Or here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Wanted/bd-p/Wanted

You can't teleport objects unless they are attached to you, so you're OK if you can wear your ship.  You won't have to worry about object entry either, since that doesn't apply to items you are wearing. 

One way to accomplish much of what you want would be to use a false teleport to hop short distances, the way that you commonly "teleport" from point to point within a single sim.  You sit on an object (your ship, in this case) and its script moves you and the object in a rapid series of hops to a new target location.   Normally that's done with the PosJump or WarpPos function, but we expect to see a new LSL function that serves the same purpose in the near future.  A false TP system like this would be subject to object entry restrictions, and could be foiled if you hopped into a no-script area.  You would have to go to some trouble to devise a way to anticipate ban lines as well.  If you decide to go this route, I suggest making your "ship" as prim-light as possible to minimize sim boundary problems.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.