Second Life Marketplacet Shopping groups?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Interesting idea but may need to be designed different.  I know of nothing in this line but since Hunts and such are to drive traffic to your store in hope of them seeing other products or to get more traffic to your traffic count, a MP dollar days may need a different dynamic to it's goal. 

Selling a sale items does have an advantage since it gets your product into the hands of someone who doesn't know of your goods but being on MP may just throw it into the cheap or freebie category. In essence, it may it too easy on the consumer to truly make an impact on the store. 

I've been tracking this for years and have found that freebie shoppers rarely convert to sales even in a hunt though during a hunt, I see overall sales go up, just not from those who came for the Hunt so I can only assume from this that they either refer others, come back on alts or drive my SEO higher.

I for one feel that the MP has serious limitations and not at any fault of LL, its just the nature of some products. Homes and furnishing as an example don't necessarily sell well in the MP as they need to be seen in world to truly capture their essence.  Clothing sells well as do many devices but without the immerse experience that in world shopping offers, the MP becomes little more than a catalog.

I would love to see your ideas on this as it doesn't sound like a bad idea at all but it would have to be wildly different than what takes place in world.

I for one feel that the MP has serious limitations and not at any fault of LL, its just the nature of some products. Homes and furnishing as an example don't necessarily sell well in the MP as they need to be seen in world to truly capture their essence.  Clothing sells well as do many devices but without the immerse experience that in world shopping offers, the MP becomes little more than a catalog.

I love this "catalog". No people standing around and ruining my view, no endless waiting to see what they sell, a better search, no endless teleporting from shop to shop, a more effective search (how often do I end up on a store inworld that doesn't have what I need...) and a fast overview about the pricerange.

Syo Emerald wrote:

I love this "catalog". No people standing around and ruining my view,
no endless waiting to see what they sell, a better search, no endless teleporting from shop to shop, a more effective search (how often do I end up on a store inworld that doesn't have what I need...) and a fast overview about the pricerange.

You probably do that already in your real life.... purchasing from a 2D shopping website. You created a Second Life account, because you wanted to take part in a 3D immersive Virtual World!

I didn't come to a 3D world to shop.  I don't  have the time for it as I run businesses  In my free time I want to do a lot of other things that are more fun in SL  like spend time with friends, go listen to music, go exploring etc. I pretty much know what I want and like to go, get it , and get back to work or to the real fun stuff. 

Shopping is not entertainment to me and I'm glad there are options.  MP is  a much more efficient way to shop a broad range of creators in a price range and with perms I like.  If I want to see it before I buy, I can go to a shop ot shops that I know have what I want.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.