Little blender question

Siddean Munro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've hit a bit of an irritating snag in Blender 2.59.  For the life of me I can't find where to define the number of horizontal faces a cylinder should have!  It always starts with 32, and I find myself deleting edges to get to a lower facecount.  I know in 2.49b there was a field to fill out to tell Blender to make a cylinder with 8 faces, 16, whatever, but I can't seem to locate it in 2.59.  A pointer would sure be appreciated  :smileyhappy:

You ask for regular shapes ? its in the operator panel located in the tool shelf of the 3D viewport. the operator panel appears right after you added your cylinder and yes it has 32 vertical edges by default. You always have to set the actual count to what you like. I am not sure if you can customize this value. Here is a screenshot made with blender 2.61 (should be the same as 2.59):

operatorPanel.png

You would add horizontal edges with the loop cut tool (and the middle mouse wheel to add more than one edge loop at a time).

watch out for a small white circle with a plus sign. That one could appear anywhere on the 3D View (i believe there was a bug in 2.59). This could happen if your blender window is too small, or you have rearranged your toolshelf. maybe try to reset to defaults...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.