quote Hitler, Joseph Gebbels (founder of Fascismа) on the website dedicated to Second Life

Kama Mhia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Where a resident of Second Life uses a quote-founder of fascism of Hitler, Goebbels (all quotes) to the Web sites Second Life, profile, This is a violation of the rules of Linden Lab or not ?

response

1. yes 
2. no 

I asked here, I was advised to write  General Discussion Forum

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Forums-Feedback/quote-Joseph-Gebbels-ideologist-bloody-fascism-on-the-website/td-p/1314201/highlight/false/page/2

I want to hear the views of residents of Second Life

thank you

Hey Karma...

I'm not really sure why you are reposting this question. It seems to me your question was answered several times in the previous thread. To summarize the answers others have given you:

• The quote you are referring to was posted on a third party website... One that is NOT run by LL. Even though everyone on the site is a SL resident, LL has no control over what is done outside of their property.
  • Now let's say you saw this quote on someone's profile. (That is an area that LL would have control over.) The TOS is vague when it comes to community standards. It essentially says don't be obscene and don't use offensive terms. That is a very objective. If you feel that what was written was offensive and against the SL community standards then, as others have told you, all you can do is file an Abuse Report and let LL decide. Even if someone blatantly violated the community standards, filling their profile with profanity and overtly racist comments, this would be the action you take. After you file an Abuse Report it is out of your hands and up to LL to decide.

Latisha Pexie

write a complaint? Why?
This is not a personal problem

The question is simple

I just want to know can I use Second Life Resident quote Hitler or Gebblsa?

Is there a definitive answer Linden Lab about Hitler or Goebbels phrases

and would like to discuss this issue with residents

Oh my, I thought culprits went out somewhere in the 60s of the 20th century.

Yes, this is a quote by Goebbels who was Hitlers spin doctor. No this is not offensive. It is just Goebbels explaining his theory on propanda. Would quoting Archimedes Law be offensive if it turned out he was a fascist or racist?  As far as I see this quote doesn't justify Goebbels or his ideology.  On the other hand, an anti-gay quote by a Nobel Peace Prize winner would be against TOS, and Linden Lab should take action IF that happened in SL or it's forums.

It might well be that the object of this quote in that context is to make us stop and think about media and propaganda, the fact it came from Goebbels acts as a wake-up call.

If you really want to be taken seriously, you would be well inspired to edit your post to be historically correct. Hitler and Goebbels founded Nazism, not Fascism which was initiated in Italia in the early 30s by Mussolini.

As per knowing if you can quote either of these nice gentlemen (in your profile or in these fora), you will know soon enough if it hurts someone's feelings when you get a possible AR.

Yet I still find it hard to understand your motivations with such a post. :smileyfrustrated:

Uallas Borgin,

the world knows of Archimedes, as a scientist.

Hitler and the Nazis Gebbls. Other "merit" they do not.

In a world of people were killed Millon.
Is is important when it happened?

you think if here on the official site, the resident will write a quote from Hitler, it will not break the rules of Linden Lab?

The answer was also simple and you have been told by multiple residents.

The community standards in the TOS state that you  cannot have stuff in your profile that is offensive or crude. However, that is a very OBJECTIVE statement. So therefore, the only way to know if LL deems it offensive is to file an abuse report.

But, your original post stated that it was on a third party website. So NO. It is NOT against LL rules. You can put whatever you want on a third party site. You can say anything you want about SL or LL. They have NO control over a third party site.

If someone makes that quote IN world then the TOS is OBJECTIVE. Basically, what LL says is if you find it objectionable, file an Abuse Report. If they feel it shouldn't be there, they will have it removed. I answered your question as best any non-Linden can, as have multiple other residents in both of your threads.

valerie Inshan

I do not like fascism.
I do not write quotes and thoughts of Hitler and Gebblsa

But I want to know

Where a resident of Second Life uses a quote-founder of fascism of Hitler, Goebbels (all quotes) to the Web sites Second Life, profile, This is a violation of the rules of Linden Lab or not ?

response

1. yes 
2. no 

Another thing to keep in mind, as another resident has already told you is the importance of context. The quote you listed contains nothing even remotely offensive. The only thing that could be deemed as offensive is the person who is attributed to have originally said it. In which case you would be suggesting that even mentioning the names of controversial figures in history would be against LL rules, which I am fairly confident in saying that is not the case.

Don't you have real problems to care about?

You got both hands full of good answers, but still seem to be unable to clearly read one ot them. Is it that satisfying to find someone on who you can point your finger at and yell out that they need to be punished in some way for that?

Latisha Pexie

Yes.

1. Quote Gebbls resident led a second life is not the official site.
But the site is also dedicated to Second Life. And there resident Linden Lab.

2. if a resident writes a phrase or Hitler Gebbls on the official site here, it is allowed?

This is allowed?

This is a violation of the rules of Linden Lab or not ?

Latisha Pexie

I was no answer "yes" or "no."

I do not want to write a complaint. Why?

this is not a personal problem

I want to know

response

1. yes 
2. no 

no exact answer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.