Healing HippieStock (A Forum Dwellers' Party)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

I attended last year's event even though I didn't care for one of the main sponsors...

Hippiestock has never had any sponsors. Where or who did you get that idea from?

You're quite right, I was mistaken in using that word.  I meant one of the main organizers.

...Dres

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just not true, trolls are green and smell funny.....

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Trolls are in the eye of the beholder.

There are those who come to the Forums to rail with the most self-righteous indignation against so-called "trolls" that are no better and are often worse than the so-called "trolls" themselves...

As I read this thread, so similar to several others, my avatar tugs at my sleeve.

"Don't these people know there are cooler ways to fight in SL?," the teenage girl whispers. "There's paintball, and that thing with the swords, and you can fight in AIRPLANES even."

"Yes, Theresa, but these particular people apparently like to fight it out in forums."

The girl wrinkles her nose.

"Lame."

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

As I read this thread, so similar to several others, my avatar tugs at my sleeve.

"Don't these people know there are cooler ways to fight in SL?," the teenage girl whispers. "There's paintball, and that thing with the swords, and you can fight in AIRPLANES even."

"Yes, Theresa, but these particular people apparently like to fight it out in forums."

The girl wrinkles her nose.

"Lame."

There are some of us that like to write extemporaneously using prose instead of power which makes the forum the prefect habitat for us. ;)

- Extemporaneous

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone thought to invite the forum moderators?  They dwell here, too.

I think it would be wonderful to have them there. To get a pictures standing next to them would be priceless. :)

I would like people to easy up, it is a party don't-ca-know. You smaile, say hi and have a few drinks, we all know how to do that don't we?

Now for a News Update from the SL Feeds

It seems that security concerns over HippieStock my not have the punch the original PM delivered. The writer of the PM has taken an about face on the role she claimed in said document.

PLUS Peace in the Works?!?

In a public discussion made on the SL Feeds today “L” and “S” discuss a PM that may lead to peace.

My baby has got it (over on the feeds), and ***** was her name (that is a hint)

This song always makes me happy when people are fighting. :)

JeanneAnne wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote: 

You will need to be a member of the group to attend the event.

Oh! I didn't know this. I've been telling people about HS2 but didn't realize they would need to join the group. I hope no1 tries to attend & can't cuzuv this...

Jeanne

Jeanne I do disagree about locking people out of HippieStock. I work in a Club in SL as so do some other people in this thread and it takes no effort at all to "Freeze & Eject" somene from your sim. I would like to see Drop-Bys at this event you never know how would show up: Torley, Rodvik, the Mods.... it could be fun. Security is one of the big things we are going to need to dicuss with Hippie on his return.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote: 

You will need to be a member of the group to attend the event.

Oh! I didn't know this. I've been telling people about HS2 but didn't realize they would need to join the group. I hope no1 tries to attend & can't cuzuv this...

Jeanne

Jeanne I do disagree about locking people out of HippieStock. I work in a Club in SL as so do some other people in this thread and it takes no effort at all to "Freeze & Eject" somene from your sim. I would like to see Drop-Bys at this event you never know how would show up: Torley, Rodvik, the Mods.... it could be fun. Security is one of the big things we are going to need to dicuss with Hippie on his return.

Well, I woulduv been telling people to join the group had I known they needed to. I doubt that it's about "security." It's probably just so that so many ppl don't show up that it lags the sim. I don't want any "security." That whole thing over the creepy JLU has really turned me against the idea of any sortuv SL "security" whatsoever. If any kinduv appointed or self-appointed cops start showing up at a Hippie gathering, I'm gone. Peace!

Jeanne

DQ Darwin wrote:

Keli, hugs and I mean no offence, but I find all these "olive branches being offered) only seem to end up as fuel in the fire.

Well it is the middle of winter and we can sure use some warmth in here so let thme burn them if they will. Maybe once we are all warm and toasty we will get along better. Anyways there is nothing like breakfast over an open fire, dyt? :)

Fashion_003.jpg

Open fires make me nervous people tend to burn their own fingers a lot and blame others.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Keli, hugs and I mean no offence, but I find all these "olive branches being offered) only seem to end up as fuel in the fire.

Well it is the middle of winter and we can sure use some
warmth
in here so let thme burn them if they will. Maybe once we are all warm and toasty we will get along better. Anyways there is nothing like breakfast over an open fire, dyt?
:)

LiveReport wrote:

It seems that security concerns over HippieStock my not have the punch the original PM delivered. The writer of the PM has taken an about face on the role she claimed in said document.

In a public discussion made on the SL Feeds today “L” and “S” discuss a PM that may lead to peace.

This song always makes me happy when people are fighting.

Ahem.

Needless to say that the original version of the famous DUTCH band Shocking Blue, rules...And so does Venus!

LiveReport wrote:

This song always makes me happy when people are fighting.

I read that entire entry and the only mention of role in it was this:

"FYI: I have no defined role in H2 Staff other than being availabe for Hippie or any other genuine contributor to call upon if required."

So where exactly is the assignment of the role of security claimed or stated? 

@Ima, What did you go and do something like that for? You read it and now other people will to, sigh The truth might just come out (not that it really matters).

Read about Hippiestock II it is a planned peace fest and as far as I know open to SL not just the Forum Dwellers. Some of the comments at the Hippiestock II thread link seem to differ from what is being said here and by the same people.

Hippiestock II

There is no healing required just go and enjoy, check the Hippiestock Group in-world which currently has 109 members:)

DQ Darwin wrote:

@Ima, What did you go and do something like that for? You read it and now other people will to, sigh The truth might just come out (not that it really matters).

Read about Hippiestock II it is a planned peace fest and as far as I know open to SL not just the Forum Dwellers. Some of the comments at the Hippiestock II thread link seem to differ from what is being said here and by the same people.

There is no healing required just go and enjoy, check the Hippiestock Group in-world which currently has 109 members:)

true..i remember hippy having a thread over at the SLU forums as well during the summer informing them about hippyiestock as well..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

true..i remember hippy having a thread over at the SLU forums as well during the summer informing them about hippyiestock as well..

I still don't see where it is stated who is appointed to security detail...

Ima Rang wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

I still don't see where it is stated who is appointed to security detail...

Keli told me she has security.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.