Healing HippieStock (A Forum Dwellers' Party)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Some may think the timing of the release of the PM suspect, but it's the
contents
of said PM that I find most damning. The attitudes expressed are a
far
cry from "inclusive." The fact that the sender is affiliated, in any "official" capacity, after it was shared with the organizer, is downright scandalous.

Hippie has been away from SL for days and won't be back for days. Are you sure he's aware of the
content
? If there's a scandal, wouldn't it have to wait for the facts and Hippies's response to them?

Hippie and forum moderators were made aware of the content on the day I received it.   They all received full copies of the PM.  The author gave me permission to publish it anywhere.  Why 'wait' over three months?  I got tired waiting for the author to retract
her words
that sought to intimidate, harass and demean me.  She has not yet done so.

She could do the right thing and remove herself from the role of 'Security' and any organizing role for the event.

What other facts do you seek?

Knowing that Hippie and the forum moderators were made aware long ago certainly informs me. My curiosity will have me asking Hippie about it when he returns.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing that Hippie and the forum moderators were made aware long ago certainly informs me.
My curiosity will have me asking Hippie about it when he returns.

deGebelin searches over his cards...

deGebelin does not read ambiguity in his cards.

deGebelin is not curious.

deGebelin reads trick and scams...

Interpretation: Curiosity killed the cat.

deGebelin suggests Madelaine, filled with indignation, should be "asking" the author of the letter.  

Venus Petrov wrote:

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Some may think the timing of the release of the PM suspect, but it's the
contents
of said PM that I find most damning. The attitudes expressed are a
far
cry from "inclusive." The fact that the sender is affiliated, in any "official" capacity, after it was shared with the organizer, is downright scandalous.

Hippie has been away from SL for days and won't be back for days. Are you sure he's aware of the
content
? If there's a scandal, wouldn't it have to wait for the facts and Hippies's response to them?

Hippie and forum moderators were made aware of the content on the day I received it.   They all received full copies of the PM.  The author gave me permission to publish it anywhere.  Why 'wait' over three months?  I got tired waiting for the author to retract
her words
that sought to intimidate, harass and demean me.  She has not yet done so.

She could do the right thing and remove herself from the role of 'Security' and any organizing role for the event.

What other facts do you seek?

It's a shame you got tired of waiting until 3 weeks before the event Venus. Sad that this argument has to be brought into absolutely everything it seems.

Thanks for this post Keli, I absolutely love your spirit of inclusion.  I attended last year's event even though I didn't care for one of the main sponsors and I knew that there were people there that didn't get along with each other elsewhere, in any way, at all.  Never did that negativity seep into the cerebration and I expect nothing less this year.

To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven.  The season is peace, the purpose is acceptance and the time is to have a whole bunch of fun... anything else can wait.

...Dres

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone thought to invite the forum moderators?  They dwell here, too.

After seeing all the forum dwellers squabbling...they might not be interested!  LOL 

But, I LOVE your idea to invite the mods!   They are here on the forum too...and have to moderate this mess....errr..I mean this wonderful bunch of folks.   ; )

I'm thinking of dropping an invite onto Rodvik's SLum feed too, as he posts here in the forums.  So, he's a sometimes forum dweller...  

deGebelin wrote:

deGebelin
reads his next card...

deGebelin
sits upright in his chair

deGebelin
peers at the
Seven of Swords

Interpretation: Predicts a loss due to cunning and trickery.

deGebelin
will not attend Hippiestock II

Ooooo do my cards next. Will I be attending? :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

What kind of drama could there be over hippiestock?
Pepine agrees.
:)

I remember seeing titles last year about some drama over it and now this year?
Who knows? Drama is drama!
;)

It's a party..What kind of drama gets invented over a party?
OH there is always drama at the best parties.
:o

Signed Totally Confused Don't be confused dear,,,
I find the solution is put your arm around the drama king/queen and offer them another drink.
:P

Problem Solved.

Pepine. :)

Keli Kyrie wrote:

I KNOW MOST WON'T LIKE THIS
but we need trolls... just like we need Lurkers, Helpers, and Goofballs.

Why do we need trolls?

I can't think of one good reason.

Thankfully most of them have been banned from here on at least their main accounts.

As to your comment about drama; where? Guess I've missed all this, thankfully.

I'm pretty much nice to everyone inworld. Try to be nice in forums and such as well, when I manage to avoid getting baited... :D

Ann Otoole wrote:

Hey maybe I can make it! I have been banned from SLU for objecting to charity fraud so I have lots of time now.

Oh, geez.  Just when I thought the geniuses at SLU could not get *any* smarter.   Seriously?!

Ann, it'd be great to see there!     

Join the inworld group HippieStock.   Look at Hippie Bowman's profile to find it, or look at mine.  (hmm, if I don't have that group hidden..hehe) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.