clothing creation help with using multi chan hax

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

to begin with I have made clothing before using the standard uv templates, 

and I downloaded the multi chan hax and all seems to be working fine

I am able to texture the multi chan hax template to start a new clothing item from scratch

what I am looking for how to take a  clothing item created using the standard uv template and be able to view it and edit it on the multi chan hax

I saw a youtube video showing a time lapse of  clothing creation and in it she was able to view the clothing item on both templates interchangeable, and go back and forth as she worked on it...

but I cant seem to figure it out on my own

specifically I am working with the upper body original uv template and the multi chan hax template that has the chest in the center and the sides of the back on each side

thanks in advance

Slutmuffin Lane wrote:

to begin with I have made clothing before using the standard uv templates, 

and I downloaded the multi chan hax and all seems to be working fine

I am able to texture the multi chan hax template to start a new clothing item from scratch

what I am looking for how to take a  clothing item created using the standard uv template and be able to view it and edit it on the multi chan hax

I saw a youtube video showing a time lapse of  clothing creation and in it she was able to view the clothing item on both templates interchangeable, and go back and forth as she worked on it...

but I cant seem to figure it out on my own

specifically I am working with the upper body original uv template and the multi chan hax template that has the chest in the center and the sides of the back on each side

thanks in advance

i may be misunderstanding you on this but i will give it a try from what i think you may be asking hehehe

if you mean how do they make part of the layer of the template disapear so they can see just the texture or part of the template or none of the template?

in photoshop you open the layers windown and click on they eye next to the layer you want to hide and it hides each layer..

to get your texture only..you would click the eye for every layer but the layers you want to copy or import..

sorry if i am misunderstanding if this is not the answer to your question..i haven't heard of the chan hax templates before..so i may be way off hehehe

=)

that would be

Multi chan hax has been around for several years.  I believe it's a plug in for Photoshop (I could be wrong on that though).

http://mistressofdesign.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/multi-chan-hax-its-all-kinds-of-awesome-2/

There used to some talk about it in the old forums (the ones from way back when).  You can search the archives.

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/109/1.html

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.