remote controled bot?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello, do any of you know if they have remote controled bots in secondlife? i am asking because i tried pikku bot and smart bots but they do not have alot of ability to move your bots via remote control. i do not want a follower bot  but one i can make move through a hud for example. i got a olugin for pikku bot but it only lets them move one step at a time. my idea was to have a npc horse or deer to ride in sl. any ideas on how to make it happen would be great

It depends on what you mean by bot.

Bot has a specific 'term of art' meaning in the SL community - another account controlled not by a person but by a server somewhere. Usually just logged in and not active. Sometimes wearing items in SL that cause it to seem to react to simple things - like when a new person arrives, saying a message.

But if you mean like a controllable 'pet' - that's a very different thing. And yes, those do exist. I've seen a few before. But not for some time. I think they tended to be laggy. But I have seen I think a dog that would follow its owner. These can 'break' when you hit a place that won't allow object entry or scripts to run - always make sure the one you buy, or the one you make, is copy - in case it gets lost.

thank you for your responce and information.  i did not know about controllable pets but i did see people with slaves in the past, so glad i do not see people with that kind of thing around sl anymore either.

i tried searching the marketplace for anything like a npc creator and also used the search word you gave me. i did not find anything in general or mature. i tried adult but it was just disturbing to search through ( how can people create such evil like what was found there? i felt nasuous just searching through there for 15 mins. never again!) you would think someone would have had an option to have npc that you can move by now, maybe too busy creating the demeaning soul killing items found in the adult section :( 

thanks alot for your help anyway miss Catnap. i guess they just dont have that tecnology in sl yet. 

Bellahyae Enchanted wrote:

i guess they just dont have that tecnology in sl yet. 

They will soon...

From Rod's Outlook for 2012 blog post (link)...

Rodvik Linden wrote:

For creators our first new feature for 2012 will be pathfinding. Because worlds feel most vibrant when they are full of life, one of our next focuses for Second Life is the ability to make high-quality “life” within it. So in 2012, we will be rolling out more advanced features that will allow the creation of artificial life and artificial people to be much smoother. For starters, in Q1, we'll unveil a new, robust pathfinding system that will allow objects to intelligently navigate around the world while avoiding obstacles. Combined with the tools from Linden Realms this will make the polished creation of full MMORPG’s or people/animal simulators within Second Life easier and of high quality.

...Dres

thank you for your responce and information.  i did not know about controllable pets but i did see people with slaves in the past, so glad i do not see people with that kind of thing around sl anymore either.

Those were never bots, but other players. They are still common on BDSM (in fact its grown now, and includes some weird fetish of hitching them to horsing harnesses as 'ponygirls') and Gorean sims - almost all of which now are only found on A-rated land (and when not on such land, are usually subject to an Abuse Report, unless they really constrain their actions, that said, see anyone on a leash anywhere but A-land, and abuse report it).

Why anyone would everyone want to fantasize about enslavement I don't know, but then I've met RL slaves and its no more something to fantasize about than say, gas-chambers are...

Some depths of evil are best avoided save to combat and stamp out. To fantasize about innequality is to promote the further notion of unequal power relations - which prevents bringing about a proper equality among all. That these things so often have a gender-based angle to them even further highlights the evil underpinnings in promotion a gender supression ideology.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Those were never bots, but other players. They are still common on BDSM (in fact its grown now, and includes some weird fetish of hitching them to horsing harnesses as 'ponygirls') and Gorean sims - almost all of which now are only found on A-rated land (and when not on such land, are usually subject to an Abuse Report, unless they really constrain their actions, that said, see anyone on a leash anywhere but A-land, and abuse report it).

Why anyone would everyone want to fantasize about enslavement I don't know, but then I've met RL slaves and its no more something to fantasize about than say, gas-chambers are...

Some depths of evil are best avoided save to combat and stamp out. 

Oh what a wonderful thing it would be if people could just keep their mouths shut about things with which they no absolutely nothing.

...Dres

I was approached by a guy once that wanted to ride me like a horse. I was intrigued until he said it was nothing sexual. That was the dealbreaker :P

;)

Um, yea, as far as I'm aware simply being leashed is not an A only thing. I loved mine when I was a sub to my former partner and felt it was very much like a wedding band might be to someone else, a symbol of our love and commitment. Naturally indivual establishements may have varrying rules but I hope not too many people are wasting the linden's time ARing people just for being on a leash. Gadz

As far as horses, yes there's a wide variety most of which can be attached to your avatar so you can rez anywhere and ride them. There's also breedables which are a horse of a different color entirely ;)

There are also bots (or NPC's) around SL. The line of Hal Titaniums was one. It was an interactive exploring robot that was actually a riot to engage at parties. It had an answer for everything! And he could be TP'd to where you wanted him.

As far as controlling your own, I believe there are special veiwers designed to take that sort of script. I saw one in the works that was text only. Also when you make an avatar, there is an option to specify it as a bot somewhere. Can't recal exactly where off the top of my head.

Edit: and sorry Dres, I hit the wrong reply button. This wasn't to you directly but yea, I can relate, heh

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

Um, yea, as far as I'm aware simply being leashed is not an A only thing. I loved mine when I was a sub to my former partner and felt it was very much like a wedding band might be to someone else, a symbol of our love and commitment. Naturally indivual establishements may have varrying rules but I hope not too many people are wasting the linden's time ARing people just for being on a leash. Gadz

Its a promotion of the notion of slavery and the derogation of rights other others. That's a form of extreme violence. AR it.

There is no lover in power, only injustice and confused souls.

To fantasize about innequality is to promote the further notion of unequal power relations - which prevents bringing about a proper equality among all. That these things so often have a gender-based angle to them even further highlights the evil underpinnings in promotion a gender supression ideology.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

Its a promotion of the notion of slavery and the derogation of rights other others. That's a form of extreme violence. AR it.

To fantasize about innequality is to promote the further notion of unequal power relations - which prevents bringing about a proper equality among all. That these things so often have a gender-based angle to them even further highlights the evil underpinnings in promotion a gender supression ideology.

Oh give it a rest... do you really think this is the place to start spewing your ill-informed beliefs against a whole community in which you are not obligated to participate?  I find your statements here to be prejudicial and offensive... I suggest you take it elsewhere.

...Dres

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

I'm totally with you on Bigotry and RL slavery. In fact if I were any further left, I'd probably fall right off the wing ok? lol. I'd be happy to discuss at length about sub-dom or bdsm reflectiing that or extreme violence as you assert. Not here though. Lets not hijack this thread for the person looking for a horse to ride. Maybe start your own topic on it if you haven't already.

is lots of places inworld that use bots and vehicles and combinations of both

one place u can see them in a variety of ways is London City. u can find on the map on that name

they have all kinds of normal vehicles u can ride on. they got a wearable horse as well. they also got some avatar bots that demo things u can do there. they got group joiner bots as well

they also got this walking dude bot. he walks all round the city. is good demo of how pathfinding can work. the bus and some the cars works on pathfinding as well, but they normal vehicles and not bots

i thank all of you for your responces! so much information from your own opinions.

and to  Pussycat Catnap, i am really glad you spoke about the injustices of rl and sl slavery in this subject. i felt really happy to hear that opinion because i myself feel that  slavery is unjust and unfair.

and if i did not then that information you gave me would be something to think about . it is wonderfull to start a subject that might be about something everyday and have it taken to something with depth that really made me think. i wish people could just speak freely about all sorts of issues (as long as we do so in a manner which is not harmful and respects everyone, i cannot see a wrong in it personaly). you keep on speaking miss! :) help people to think and rethink and we'll all be the richer for it.

and thank you for the different views people brought up here!

i'll be sure to take a look at the different ideas. i have to tell you the only reason i wanted a npc horse was because my favorite horses are made by a brand named water horse avatars but they just dont have a riding horse for sale and only make avatars. plus most of all the movement you get with an avatar horse seems more realistic then the walking i have seen with many horses in sl that you buy and ride with. but now with all of this information i'll be able to for sure get an option i can use to have that perfect custom horse!

cheers and happy new years to all! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.