Second Life Viewer won't open on any computer in the house. What's going on?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

No computer in the house can open SL.......that would lead to a router problem or some common software that is installed on all the computers.  But then you say that one computer can run SL and it's a Mac.  Which is it?  One computer, which is a Mac, can run SL but all the other computers which have some other operating system, cannot?  That pretty much voids the router being the problem.  So, logic, would ask what common software is installed on all the ocmputers that cannot run SL?  Look at firewalls and anti-malware software.  That's about all I can offer without a little clarification from you.

To add or comment in your thread use the Options and Edit.  Starting a new thread only confuses and scatters the suggestions so that it's harder to both offer help and for you to recieve help.  It's this blog software that is disquised as forum software that makes responding in your own thread difficult.  It's what LL gave us so we're stuck with it.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

No computer in the house can open SL.......that would lead to a router problem or some common software that is installed on all the computers.  But then you say that one computer can run SL and it's a Mac.  Which is it?  One computer, which is a Mac, can run SL but all the other computers which have some other operating system, cannot?  That pretty much voids the router being the problem.  So, logic, would ask what common software is installed on all the ocmputers that cannot run SL?  Look at firewalls and anti-malware software.  That's about all I can offer without a little clarification from you.

To add or comment in your thread use the Options and Edit.  Starting a new thread only confuses and scatters the suggestions so that it's harder to both offer help and for you to recieve help.  It's this blog software that is disquised as forum software that makes responding in your own thread difficult.  It's what LL gave us so we're stuck with it.

• Like 1

My response still stands. A hundred computers having an issue from a common source (the home network) and one not from the same source, then where's the most probably cause? Second Life? Or something that is common to the computers having the problem? It's software related. My bet is the computers having the problem all have a common program running.........and since it's likely the computers having the problem have anti-virus/spyware and firewall software that are common. That's why I said to check those software packages. Norton is a very big name security suite..........and a big problem with SL. Mac users generally don't bother with security..........they think they are immune (surprise, surprise as Macs get more and more common).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.