What is "love" in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Love, in SL it is whatever it means to you... is it a word you would only say to your lover, your best friend, a family member?  All of these relationships can and do occur in SL, in role play and all other encounters.  You can never know for certain if the person you are interacting with is sincere or acting for their own benefit. 

You have to decide if you want to participate in the role play, you have to come from a place of self worth and trust, its ok to take the risk to fall in love in sl but it takes a long time to truly know another person, don't ever EVER entrust your sense of self, your self respect, to someone you've met on sl or the internet in general

Wow...you seem to be one of those people who start to push their partners into a corner and blame them for cheating when they just talk to other people. Cheating consider things like flirting, sex and those kind of stuff, but since when belongs playing with a pet to this? From your point of view every kind of contact outside of the relationship must be cheating.

OceanBird wrote:

if my patner wanted to rp with another dood rping a dog.... yea i'd break up with them.. thats creepy and cheating

only if they jumped on poseballs together.........................

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Who in the world says she does that? And well....common, to be jealous of a roleplay friendship (it is nothing more than that) is childish or would you blame your partner for having other social contacts except you? He can say that he doesn't like to have the dog around when they both have a romantic moment together, but I think its somehow possessiv to make such drama about some harmless roleplay when he is not around.

Not to mention that I would worry what my partner thinks about me, if he really consider me cheating with such an avatar.

Sonja Smedley wrote:

Again I am here to ask for advice.

Again I lost my man in SL...it was love I thought, but when I think to myself I´m not so sure If it really was love.

Is it love to fight almost every day because of very silly things?

To break nearly 8 times in more than 2 months?

Is it love to get treated like a very bad woman...only cause I wanted to try a roleplay where I would have a ungendered dog as my pet at my SL home?

But this is only one of several silly reasons to fight.

And I must say it was not always him, I also had my moods when I overreacted.

But we both thought we have a very special connection.

But with every fight and every disput my feelings got more and more indifferent.

We never cheated each other, not in real life and not in SL...but although we loved each other the love dissappeard somehow....well I cannot say that it is completly gone, but I don´t know what to feel anymore.

I feel unsecure about my own feelings I have for him.

And I think he feels the same.

So my question is, how can this happen in such short time?

I never had something like this before.

It feels somehow like a love and hate relationship that kills each other.

You know what I mean?:-(

Sonja, you should date in rl as I'd suspect many people come to places like SL for a casual "internet lover".  So my best advise to you is to guard your heart here on sl and date in rl.  I'd say the majority of internet relationships are very fleeting and fickle.  I'd also say the majority of human beings want rl love, closeness, sharing a life with someone, and rl sex.  Nothing can compete with rl. 

You never know what kind of people youll find here, they might swear love for you in sl, but in rl they might had a partner or be married. That's why I dont trust in those kind of relationships in sl, only as friends =/

you could start to have rl relationships or take a good time to knowing the other person in sl:matte-motes-smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe in love in SL, i do believe there are people that might find eachother through here and have a very beautiful relationship, but i don't want that for me. I'm one of those silly girls who finds a guy in her teen years and sticks with him forever, so i wouldn't know what SL relationships are about, i think it's important for you to see that person daily and have a face to face conversation with him...online relationships don't work out for me basically

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.