Hi, if I buy a gift for a friend in Market place, is there a way to check if the recipient got it?

Kellynataly Twine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

The item can be indicated as delivered in your marketplace order history, but you have no way to know for sure if your friend received it other than asking him directly. Which can be a bit embarrassing, sort of saying "hey, I sent you a gift and you didn't even bother to thank me", :smileyvery-happy:.  If this is a person you feel comfortable enough with, I would ask him if I were you. You can't ask the merchant for a refund or redelivery if the item was duly delivered and accepted.

• Like 1

Look at your transactions history on the marketplace software to find out whether the item was delivered. Ask your friend to find out whether the item has been received. If your friend accidentally declined the item in error, you could try contacting the merchant for a redelivery request (if the item is not transferable.) There is no guarantee that the merchant will oblige but it is worth a try if you are concerned about your Lindens. Just remember to write a polite and well-worded notecard to increase your chance of a satisfactory outcome (if the item needs to be delivered) but be aware that the merchant may decide not to oblige - after all, the fault was not theirs. If the item was discarded in error and you manage to get a redeliver, please remember to write and thank the merchant for their goodwill.

• Like 1

The transactionhistory is not always helpful to be sure that an item is delivered inworld. I had it myself so many times, that I simply not got what I paid, but the transactionhistory said I did. Only way to be sure is asking the person kindly if they got your present. If not, send a note to the merchant with the part of your transactionhistory and he/she may resend it. Thats how I always solve my delivery problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.