How to erase bloodlines from my avatar?

Grahciosa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been bitten, but even I don't play bloodlines anymore my avatar has been marked. How can I take it from my avatar?

(thank you girls for your answears) 

I mean about this: 

HUD [Thirst::Bloodlines] 3.4: Grahciosa Resident is a registered Bloodlines player. His soul is possessed by XXXXXXX

So even I dont play bloodlines, my avatar has this mark. So this is what I wanna erase :)

12 answers to this question

1.  Remove any tattoo "bite marks" by looking in Inventory/Worn tab and taking them off.

2.  Detach the Bloodlines HUD by right clicking it on your screen and selecting Detach.

3.  Get a free Garlic Necklace from here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Garlic-Necklace-Bloodlines-Bite-requests-Spam-Protection/912384

4.  Wear the necklace, left click the garlic bulb, select Activate from the menu.

5.  Remove the necklace, and get on with your Second Life.

• Like 1

It's a hoary old topic, yes, but Bloodlines is still undead and well in Second Life.  For our newcomers:

Bloodlines is a vampire roleplaying game within Second Life.  There are at least three other vampire roleplaying games...Afterlife, The Hunger, and Progeny.

You may receive a "bite request" from a Bloodlines player.  If you accept the request, you are "bitten".  The vampire player and your avatar may perform an animation depicting this, and you may be given a "bite mark" tattoo that you can wear if you choose.  Or the bite may occur without these trappings.  When you are bitten, your name goes into a data base maintained by Bloodlines.  If you are bitten often enough, you "lose your soul".

As @NeoTopina implies, there are ways you can get paid for giving your blood to Bloodlines vampires.  It's sort of like participating in one of those blood banks that pays you to donate, but creepier.  This does require getting involved with the game and its players.  It is NOT automatic.

IMPORTANT:  None of this matters in the least to your Second Life, unless you want it to.  It's all roleplay, and you can completely ignore it if you don't want to play.  Simply don't accept any bite requests!

Also, you can get a free Garlic Necklace from the Marketplace.  If you wear it and click the garlic bulb to activate it, you will no longer receive bite requests from Bloodlines players.  You can remove the necklace once you have activated it.  If you change your mind later and want to play Bloodlines, you can wear the necklace again and deactivate your protection.

The other vampire roleplaying games don't ask your permission before a player bites you.  On the one hand, this sounds sneaky and intrusive, but on the other hand, it's like the old "if a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there, does it make a sound?" conundrum.  If you never know you've been bitten, what does it matter?

The simply answer is, you can't. Once you are in the Bloodlines database, they will not delete you. You can contact the people who created and run Bloodlines and request/demand that you be completely removed, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's a pyramid scheme, and pyramid schemes wouldn't be nearly as affective if it were easy to get yourself out of the database.

• Like 3

Ariel, Bloodlines is not a pyramid. You really need to learn the definition of words before you spew your nonsensical claptrap. As for a soul not being able to be removed forcibly from the holder without a replacement, if this is not obvious from a prima facie stance, then I dont know what to say, other than back to books agin with you. If the soul is bought and paid for by a player, you can't arbitrarily pull it back, as that undermines the basic underpinnings of the intial transaction. People at the top of Bloodlines are far superior to the obnoxious idiots and chatboard self-righteous trolls who sling missued words about willy-nilly such as "pyramid" or "scam" for the past 5 and a half years. Get a 2nd life, and if you think there is not an "Art of War" element on a multiplicity of  levels for the dominant forces in the game, then step into my world for a week or two, and try, just try, to duplicate what we do in terms of strategy, power projections, psychological mass maintenace of large complex, virtual organisations, etc. The simple fact, is, you will fail, and fail miserably.

On 12/1/2014 at 22:37, Lolla Honi said:

Ariel, Bloodlines non è una piramide. Devi davvero imparare la definizione delle parole prima di vomitare il tuo claprap senza senso. Per quanto riguarda un'anima che non può essere rimossa forzatamente dal detentore senza una sostituzione, se questo non è ovvio da una posizione prima facie, allora non so cosa dire, se non tornare ai libri con te. Se l'anima viene acquistata e pagata da un giocatore, non puoi ritirarla arbitrariamente, poiché ciò mina le basi di base della transazione iniziale. Le persone in cima a Bloodlines sono di gran lunga superiori agli odiosi idioti e troll autocritici della chatboard che imbracciano le parole mancate di volenti o nolenti come "piramide" o "truffa" negli ultimi 5 anni e mezzo. Ottieni una seconda vita e se pensi che non ci sia "Art of War"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.